Work from anywhere, impact everywhere
Diversity is at the heart of who we are at Xapo Bank. We’re a fully distributed team of over 200 talented people that work remotely from 50+ countries around the world.
We work hard, think globally, and inspire each other to learn and grow. We are committed to changing the way things are done.
To achieve that, we search the world for the best people for the job. This is how we are transforming the world of digital banking.
Our team is worldwide, our capacity for innovation, limitless.
Join our remote team of dreamers and doers as we take Xapo Bank to the next level
Although we are headquartered in Gibraltar, this is a full time, 100% remote position.
Work from anywhere!
The Financial Risk Analyst, reporting into the Chief Risk Officer, is responsible for leading efforts into identifying, assessing and monitoring the amount of risk that the business is exposed to. The role will work closely with teams in the Finance and Treasury functions, creating risk mitigation strategies with the aim of maximising gains while reducing risks.
- Evaluate business as well as finance records and determine the level of risk.
- Create reports and anticipate the losses of certain business decisions.
- Make recommendations to reduce or control risk.
- Work with traders to calculate the risk associated with specific transactions.
- Forecast and monitor market trends.
- Consider proposed business decisions.
- Conduct research to assess the severity of risk.
- Conduct statistical analysis to evaluate risk, using industry specific software.
- Review legal documents.
- Present ideas via reports and presentations, outline findings and make recommendations for improvements.
- Analyse the bank’s market position and running figures through complex modelling techniques to find value at risk (VAR) measurements.
- Carry out quantitative analysis.
- Use financial packages and software, including portfolio management software
- Study regulation and legislation directly affecting the company, and advise on compliance.
- Protect the organisation’s assets and public image.
- Develop contingency plans to deal with emergencies.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Economics, Mathematics or Statistics
- 5+ years’ experience in the Financial Risk Analysis field
- Experience in Quantitative Analysis and Financial Risk Modelling
- Strong numeracy, analytical and problem solving skills
- Demonstrated experience in a combination of Credit Risk, Regulatory Risk, Market Risk, Liquidity Risk, Interest Rate Risk and Investment Risk
- Financial Risk Manager (FRM) certification or similar industry accepted certifications
- A dedicated workspace.
- A reliable internet connection with the fastest speed possible in your area.
- Devices and other essential equipment that meet minimal technical specifications.
- Alignment with Our Values and the Xapo Values-Driven Leadership principles.
Why work for Xapo?
IMPACT GLOBALLY, WORK REMOTELY.
- Shape the Future: Improve lives through cutting-edge technology, work 100% remotely from anywhere in the world.
- Great work-life balance: Build amazing things with a balance of autonomy and collaborative teamwork. Set your own work schedule and make use of a flexible PTO plan when you need to recharge.
- Expect Excellence: Collaborate, learn, and grow with a high-performance team. Learn how you learn best – from books to conferences, you’ll get a yearly budget for your individual learning and development goals.