Founded in 2015 in Athens, Greece, Welcome redefines the way people travel by going above and beyond the commoditized transfer service and being the first company to deliver a complete, personalised, in-destination travel experience. From the moment a traveler arrives at a new destination, until their return journey home, Welcome accommodates all their travel needs, including transfers, sightseeing trips, and local information, in the easiest, friendliest, and most personalised way possible. Welcome’s drivers are experts in the area and share their local know-how to make travellers feel at home wherever they are. The company has also introduced contactless rides, thorough cleaning protocols, and protective equipment to make every journey safe.
Being a travel tech startup, Welcome continues to grow and scale its operations and is quickly becoming a global category leader for in-destination travel services.
- One of the highest-rated global transportation companies with a rating of 4.9/5 stars
- 196 destinations with a goal to reach 350 by 2024
- Over 2,000 travel partners including 1,000 hotels, numerous vacation rentals, and travel agents, adding 50+ new ones every month
- Over 1.5 Million happy travelers every year
⭐️ If you want to dive deeper into the awesomeness of Welcome’s culture, click on this link to check our TikTok account.⭐️
We are a group of vibrant diverse people who love traveling and never settle on quality. Each one of us didn’t join Welcome by chance and believes deeply in what Welcome is trying to achieve, so we work relentlessly to make that happen. We challenge common logic, focus on design, put simplicity and usability first, and create memorable experiences. We keep learning and exploring better ways to serve our community and grow personally and professionally in our respective fields. We stay humble along the way, with a “pay it forward” mentality, but with big and bold goals.
About the role
As a Freelance Content Editor and proofreader at Welcome Pickups, you will get an exciting and international full-time position, and you will be joining a successful, positive, and ambitious team.
The digital marketing department is growing as the company expands, including numerous incredible external partners. Its overall goal is to drive activities that support the company’s commercial goals, whilst protecting and developing the brand further.
- Improve content readability and tailor copy based on Welcome’s audience and guidelines.
- Actively revise and refine copy based on constructive feedback from the internal team, demonstrating adaptability and commitment to excellence.
- Meticulously edit and proofread website content, upholding the highest editorial standards and ensuring clarity, accuracy, cohesiveness, and consistency. Fact and spell-checking is a must.
- Take responsibility for pages you publish, guaranteeing all content meets our tone of voice, and writing style and is SEO-friendly.
- Participate in monthly team meetings to share ideas and feedback
- Working to agreed deadlines, turnaround times, and quality metrics.
- English Language, English Literature, Marketing, Communications or Journalism degree.
- Working knowledge and understanding of WordPress CMS. Experience with PublishPress and YOAST SEO will be considered a plus.
- Proven experience in digital content editing and proofreading
- Strong knowledge of SEO techniques and best practices
- Proficiency in (British) English; grammar, syntax and vocabulary.
- Excellent research skills to ensure the accuracy and usefulness of content
- Ability to work independently and meet deadlines
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
- Travel industry expertise is a plus.
This freelance opportunity is remote, full-time and open to candidates worldwide, however, some flexibility will be required to meet with the team when needed between 11 am-6pm (GMT+2).