vay·duh; feminine, strong-willed (German); of knowledge & wisdom (Sanskrit)
Vayda’s mission is to advance regenerative outcomes in agriculture. By combining regenerative principles and a high-tech approach, we are focused on facilitating the reversal of climate change, while rebuilding natural ecosystems and feeding people with healthier food. Vayda is a bionic, farmer-first organization with our own regenerative agriculture operations, translating our learnings to create a platform to enable other farmers to do the same.
Join us if you:
– Believe in our purpose and mission
– Love building things from the ground up, and getting your hands dirty
– Are looking to make an impact and create a culture in our small but growing team
Vayda is backed by the Ontario Teachers’ Pension Plan and other experienced sector investors.
Our Growth Specialist role.
As a Growth Specialist, you will develop the mission-focused brand and go-to-market sales messaging for Vayda, reporting directly to the COO, and working closely with others on the Vayda team across farm operations, tech, and agronomy. Think of a B2B growth role with a heavy content marketing lean.
Specifically, you will:
- Develop our marketing content plan spanning across company blog, social, web; utilizing various formats in text, audio, and video
- Develop a pipeline of qualified leads across the institutional investor landscape and a qualified group of Pilot Program participating farmers
- Perform research and content capture across farms and regenerative partners to expand industry credibility in resulting media
- Execute owned content development off content plan, in accordance with brand guidelines and with the support of internal and external experts. Includes copywriting and structured references on agriculture, science, and environmental subject matter
- Engage social media following around big moments, driving traffic to site where possible
- Work in partnership with agency partners to drive development of key collateral and messaging
- Support earned media initiatives, in direct partnership with other organizations or with agency support
You should have:
- Experience in creative marketing content, internship or related experience preferred
- Deep interest in and curiosity for regenerative agriculture, technology, and the environment
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing/Business
- Excellent communication and copywriting skills to distill complex information into simple and concise summaries
- Experience in agriculture or technology is a plus, but not required
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously
It would be excellent if you:
- Are mission-driven, especially when it comes to social and environmental outcomes
- Have a growth mindset, not only when it comes to business, but your own journey
- Are creative in the way to approach and solve problems
- Continue to push the envelope, thing big, and inspire passion in others
- Are naturally curious and passionate about your work
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.