Principal Product Manager
TCGplayer connects hobbyists and hobby businesses to communities. We relentlessly improve the exchange of things and thoughts that fuel passions, providing the most compelling destination and tools for collectible card game enthusiasts, sellers, and publishers in the U.S. Now we’re expanding our innovative products and services to the global $25B collectible hobby market.
As Principal Product Manager, you will leverage your past experience and success to act as a thought leader and driving force for one of TCGplayer’s critical product portfolios, intersecting customer needs with our business goals and aligning cross-departmental teams to deliver valuable results every day. You will join a dynamic and fast-paced environment and work with cross-functional teams to design, implement, and evaluate initiatives that enhance our customers’ lives.
Our team prides itself on a culture that fosters camaraderie, embraces diversity, and exudes passion. We are one of New York State’s 50 best employers and Fortune.com’s top 100 companies for women in the U.S.
If you like delighting customers across the collectibles community and can clearly and persuasively articulate “Why” something must get done, this is the job for you.
Impact You Will Make Here
Your insight, effort, and experience will contribute across 3 areas of responsibility:
- Customer value: Evaluate, document, and socialize portfolio-level customer needs, value propositions, and user journeys; weight and prioritize competing user needs / values; define user stories, epics, experiential goals, and behavioral success requirements; integrate program-level roadmaps into a coherent, customer-focused portfolio and clearly communicate the “why” behind it.
- Business impact: Lead Portfolio ROI definitions and business and financial modeling processes; monitor portfolio performance, anticipating and addressing business impacts; lead evaluations, decisions, and modifications on pricing models and sources of revenue; socialize plans, progress, and outcomes at every level of the business.
- Coordinated execution: Foster an environment where cross-team collaboration and proactive communication is second nature, working closely with technical, design, and business teammates to elicit solutions that meet our customers’ needs, business goals, and internal team requirements; establish a transparent change management process, ruthlessly prioritizing to balance customer needs with operational constraints.
What You Bring to the Team
Your past experience should include accountability for program- and portfolio-level strategy and successful execution:
- 10+ years of experience working as a Product Manager, designing and developing software solutions at a B2C company.
- Mastery of product management and development methodologies, including Agile and contemporary customer- and design-centric practices, including the ability to establish standards and conventions for informed decisions, dependency management, and portfolio delivery.
- Proficiency with quantitative reasoning and modeling, including metric-informed decisioning, portfolio pricing and revenue models, and designing project- to portfolio-level operating metrics and KPIs.
- A relentless focus on customers and solving their needs, with experience deriving objectives from customer insights; a desire to regularly, directly interact with customers, and when appropriate, travel to meet with them, visit hobby stores, conventions, and TCGplayer HQ to gather a deep understanding of the hobbyist community.
- A self-directed practice and ability to achieve results while proactively seeking out discussion and feedback from leadership, peers, and other team members on major deliverables, portfolio planning, and team processes.
- Experience with product lines analogous to TCGplayer: primarily ecommerce marketplace and SMB SaaS experience (supply chain, data analytics, content, mobile apps, and finance and customer service tooling experience is also valuable).
- Excellent communications skills with the ability to share complex concepts to a variety of audiences, both with internal team members and external customers; a bias towards operational scalability and documentation.
- Strong technical skills with understanding and/or hands-on experience in software development, mobile and web technologies, and data platforms; comfort with infrastructure and internal systems considerations for successful product development programs.
- Undergraduate and/or graduate degrees in business, computer science, design, or related experience.
- Experience in a hobby, gaming, and/or collectibles community
- Product management experience on a platform, marketplace, or other commerce product
- Product Owner, Product Manager, or Scrum Master certification
What We Provide
Our benefits program is one of the most flexible and progressive in the country. Plus, benefits start on day one, so you have everything you need to make a stress-free transition to life at TCGplayer.
- Comprehensive medical insurance with a variety of plan options to suit your needs
- Dental and vision insurance
- Unlimited Paid Time Off (PTO)
- 100% company paid Family Leave
- 401k plan with 4% match
- Free coaching, counseling and mental health services
- 100% company paid life insurance
- Paid trips to work with remote teammates
TCGplayer.com is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
TCGplayer is the largest marketplace for trading card games in the world, with nearly 1 billion dollars in sales. Founded by Chedy Hampson & Ray Moore as a digital media platform within the collectible hobby space, we have grown from our initial roots working inside Syracuse-based hobby stores selling comic books, sports cards, CD’s, collectible cards, action figures, and tabletop games, into an expansive eCommerce marketplace that connects a global community of millions of buyers with tens of thousands of retailers. TCGplayer maintains the largest authoritative database of historical and current prices for the most popular trading card games, and this data powers and connects an entire industry of publishers, buyers, sellers, influencers & developers.
We have been ranked amongst New York State’s 50 best employers and Fortune.com’s top 100 companies for women in the U.S and certified a Great Place to Work by our employees 5 years in a row. Our entire team prides itself on creating a culture that fosters camaraderie, embraces diversity, and exudes passion. We believe every team member contributes to our success.
With the largest marketplace for collectible card games, in-store tools for local gaming stores and industry leading fulfillment center to deliver products from sellers to buyers, we bring our innovative technologies and customer focused approach to the $25B global collectibles hobby market.