Who We Are
TCGplayer promotes and drives growth of our products and services by connecting a global community of millions of buyers with tens of thousands of retailers in a $25B global collectible hobby market.
The TCGplayer Marketing team promotes and drives growth of our products and services by connecting a global community of millions of hobbyists with tens of thousands of retailers in a $25B global collectible hobby market.
We are looking for a Marketing Copywriter who will support the double digit growth as we grow our offerings and expand into new verticals and markets. You will partner with the marketing and creative teams to enable the implementation of go-to-market campaigns for our hobbyist solutions and programs. This is a key role within the Hobbyist Marketing team tasked with developing clear and compelling messages to acquire, engage and retain our hobbyist community.
What You’ll Do
The Marketing Copywriter will report to the Director, Hobbyist Marketing and will be responsible for the development of all hobbyist marketing messaging for our go-to-market campaigns. These programs are designed to encourage the acquisition, engagement, conversion, retention and loyalty of hobbyists.
This individual contributor will play a key role in developing compelling messages with clear call-to-actions to deliver a relevant experience and impactful business results. You will work with a team of marketers and creative professionals to support development of assets that are used to drive awareness of TCGplayer and the acquisition and conversion of hobbyists.
Who You Are
You are a highly motivated and experienced copywriting professional with a marketing mindset with the ability to take our programs to the next level. The ideal candidate will have a passion for writing compelling and clear marketing messages with clear call-to-actions and an intense focus on the customer and their experience.
You are a strong and effective communicator with the ability to manage multiple projects and readjust priorities in order to meet deadlines. You have delivered world class marketing copy for Go-to-Market strategies, with experience in testing various messages to engage and activate customers.
The Impact You Will Make Here
- Maintain the TCGplayer voice while writing for all channels including partner’s websites, social media, digital & print advertisements and marketing emails
- Write engaging subject lines, headlines and sub-copy for marketing emails as well as engaging social media copy
- Bring merchandising to life by writing and editing thoughtful design-oriented copy across landing pages, online shopping, social media and email marketing
- Work with creative team to brainstorm creative sale messaging and write sale copy across site, partner’s sites, digital ads and emails for promotion events
- Work with creative team and use project management tools to ensure deadlines are met and edits are executed for final approval
- Collaborate with the marketing team to implement tests to continuously improve channel and campaign performance
- Review performance of marketing campaigns to continue making optimizations for future campaigns
- Receives multiple ad-hoc responsibilities Directors and VP of Marketing
What You Bring to the Team
- A bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, Journalism, English or related experience
- Excellent communication and writing skills, with a strong portfolio of copy showcasing creative approaches and an attention to business objectives
- Excellent proofreading skills and attention to detail
- Ability to identify solutions and resolve issues
- Ability to come up with creative copy ideas
- Highly organized with an ability to manage multiple projects and readjust priorities in order to meet deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- A team player with a positive attitude, who is energized by challenges and excited to partner with colleagues across the creative team
- Passionate and knowledgeable about the hobby & collectible industry is a plus
What We Provide
Our benefits program is one of the most flexible and progressive in the country. Plus, benefits start on day one, so you have everything you need to make a stress-free transition to life at TCGplayer.
- Comprehensive medical insurance with a variety of plan options to suit your needs
- Free therapy, counseling and mental health services in additional to medical plan
- Dental insurance
- 100% company paid employee vision insurance
- Unlimited Paid Time Off (PTO)
- 100% company paid short term and long term disability
- 100% company paid Family Leave
- 401k plan with up to 4% match
- 100% company paid life insurance, additional coverage available
TCGplayer is the largest marketplace for trading card games in the world, with nearly 1 billion dollars in sales. Founded by Chedy Hampson & Ray Moore as a digital media platform within the collectible hobby space, we have grown from our initial roots working inside Syracuse-based hobby stores selling comic books, sports cards, CD’s, collectible cards, action figures, and tabletop games, into an expansive eCommerce marketplace that connects a global community of millions of buyers with tens of thousands of retailers. TCGplayer maintains the largest authoritative database of historical and current prices for the most popular trading card games, and this data powers and connects an entire industry of publishers, buyers, sellers, influencers & developers.
We have been ranked amongst New York State’s 50 best employers and Fortune.com’s top 100 companies for women in the U.S and certified a Great Place to Work by our employees 5 years in a row. Our entire team prides itself on creating a culture that fosters camaraderie, embraces diversity, and exudes passion. We believe every team member contributes to our success.
With the largest marketplace for collectible card games, in-store tools for local gaming stores and industry leading fulfillment center to deliver products from sellers to buyers, we bring our innovative technologies and customer focused approach to the $25B global collectibles hobby market.