Senior Risk Officer
Stablehouse Ltd. is a Digital Asset Business serving stablecoin issuers, crypto investors, merchants and market makers by delivering a uniquely innovative and customer first approach in the transactions and settlement market. Based and regulated in Bermuda, Stablehouse acts as a central clearing and settlement platform offering a market leading suite of investor returns, speed and transparency for participants of the global stablecoin market.
Stablehouse is committed to being a diverse and inclusive workplace. We strongly encourage applicants of different backgrounds, cultures, genders, experiences, abilities and perspectives to apply.
Stablehouse is looking for a highly motivated Senior Risk Officer to build a culture of risk management within the organization. This role will be responsible for the implementation of the risk management framework and governance structures; development of mitigation strategies, monitoring of daily risk exposures and reporting of risks to executive management and the Board of Directors. Risk Management sits at the very core of Stablehouse, which allows this position to work with business representatives across all parts of the company. The role expands across functions, products, and regions to monitor front-line performance and ensure that the business is adequately mitigating the risks associated with our business activities.
- Design and implementation of the operational risk management framework and third party risk management framework;
- Enhance and implement risk policies, risk procedures, key risk indicators and risk appetite statement;
- Work with the first line of defence to identify, assess, document and regularly review risks of all types and implement controls;
- Monitor risks against limits and thresholds, produce respective reports to management and other relevant stakeholders;
- Implement a risk incident management process including registration of risk events, managing and delivering risk incident reports for senior management and regulators;
- Constantly develop and maintain risk tools and systems;
- Identify and elevate exposures that are outside of the firm’s limits, risk appetite or are not consistent with prudent standards;
- Assess the adequacy of and adherence to internal policies and procedures;
- Provide management with an objective, independent, and timely assessment of the overall quality of the risk management and mitigation process;
- Provide management with accurate and timely risk management information for financial and regulatory reporting purposes;
- Lead and manage the risk management committees of the organization;
- Provide the Risk Committee with an independent assessment of all operational risks within the organization;
- Perform comprehensive reviews of new loans and modifications to current loans to identify potential credit risk weaknesses, policy or regulatory violations, servicing deficiencies, or other relevant trends;
- Provide the Credit & Market Risk Committee with an independent assessment of credit risk within the loan portfolios by performing individual transaction reviews to assess adherence with policies, procedures and regulations;
- Participate in special projects as needed; and
- Perform other duties as needed.
- Minimum of ten (10) years’ experience in Operational Risk Management or a related role from preferably a consumer platform;
- Strong experience in managing credit risk and operational risk in a regulated environment;
- Committee participation, involvement and board reporting experience required;
- Solid understanding of banking and lending practices, financial analysis, accounting rules and credit products;
- Strong interpersonal skills to successfully communicate (verbally and written) to executive management;
- Comfort working both independently as well as being a part of a broader team under the direction of a department lead;
- General computer skills with specific knowledge of Windows-based applications (i.e., Excel, Powerpoint, Word) and Google Workspace (i.e., Docs, Sheets, Slides);
- Crypto experience is not required, as there will be training provided; and
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Economics, Finance, or a related field required.
- You will work on meaningful, transformative crypto-finance giving access to the new possibilities of cryptocurrencies to both unbanked and banked customers;
- You will enjoy a competitive salary and employee options (competitive package);
- At StableHouse we operate on high flexibility, high accountability, and high integrity. With that you can work where you want and adapt your schedule as you see fit keeping output and team collaboration top of mind;
- You will enjoy flexible paid time off with a minimum of 4 weeks PTO;
- Health matters and we offer competitive health benefits to all employees wherever they are located;
- You will be encouraged to challenge yourself and continually learn with access to one paid annual training of your choice. Good for professional or personal development;
- You’ll work on the best gear. Choose between premium Apple or PC hardware and customized software set-up to optimize your productivity and comfort; and
- Lastly, you will work with the latest technology in a very dynamic environment led by a very experienced team in the field of technology and digital assets.
Salary: $150K – $200K + bonus + options (varies depending on skills and experience)
Location: Bermuda or Remote