The Sikh Research Institute is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization seeking to develop a principle-driven community by protecting the core and enlarging the resource pool. The Institute’s mission is ‘to facilitate training and development while inspiring Sikh values, create global awareness of Sikhī, and deliver solutions to the key challenges faced by the Sikh community.’
- Strong analytical writing, proofreading, and editing skills
- Strong communication skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Office administration skills
- Some web site development and familiarity with web technology
- Creativity and a sense of humor
- Ability to work well under pressure, and adapt well to the changing needs of a growing non-profit organization.
1. Assist the Executive Director with daily administrative tasks, such as replying to and categorizing email correspondence and scheduling meetings, events, and presentations
2. Collect and compile information from files, references, and research materials for the organization databases. Oversee the follow-through with contact and donor databases.
3. Replying to general inquiries sent to the Institute by its supporters and the general public.
4. Assisting the accountant on finance-related administrative tasks.
5. Maintain relationships with vendors for office-related services.
7. Coordinating volunteers and interns.
8. Assist with special projects as needed and perform other duties as required to facilitate the operations and activities of the organization.
Bachelor’s degree in community building, education, international relations, developmental NGO, public policy, political science, or related. Previous work with a similarly sized organization in the nonprofit sector is a plus. Strong research, analytical, writing, and organizing skills. Demonstrated ability to work individually and as part of a hard-working and creative team. Demonstrated facility in a Windows environment using word processing, spreadsheet and database software., as well as some website experience. Strong interpersonal and teamwork skills and excellent oral and written communication skills are a must.