Here at Shippo, we are the shipping layer of the internet and we consider ourselves to be one of the core building blocks of e-commerce.
Our mission is to make merchants successful through world class shipping. With our products and solutions, we level the playing field by providing our customers with best-in-class solutions that otherwise wouldn’t be available to them. Through Shippo, e-commerce businesses, marketplaces, platforms and a variety of logistics infrastructure providers are able to connect to shipping carriers around the world from one API and dashboard. We provide our customers with the most competitive shipping rates, print labels, automated international documents, shipment tracking, facilitate the returns process and more.
How we’ll deliver success:
As a Site Reliability Engineer, you are a hybrid software development and operations engineer who ensures that the Shippo services meet and exceed SLAs and are designed and built for scale and growth. You will work with other engineering teams to build services that are performant, scalable, automatable, measurable, and resilient to failure.
Shipping & handling responsibilities:
- Design, scale, and secure infrastructure to stay ahead of business needs through fault-tolerant architecture design, performance testing, profiling, and tuning, and capacity planning
- Design, build, deploy, and maintain automation, monitoring, and alerting systems, as well as design, implement, and test disaster recovery solutions
- Ensure scalability and maintainability through microservices adoption, decoupling of concerns and data model, queuing of jobs and application layering
- Continue to build out and enhance our CI/CD pipeline for smooth and safe production releases via automated testing and verification
- Verify and ensure performance and correctness of systems in response time and throughput
- Participate in peer reviews and testing and contribute to automated test suites and in design reviews for new features, products, and systems
- Participate in an on-call rotation
Do you tick the boxes?
- Experience developing, managing and troubleshooting highly available distributed systems, including operational experience with Kubernetes in a production environment
- Deep expertise with at least one public cloud provider (AWS, GCP, Azure)
- Exceptional verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Interest in and understanding of best-in-class security practices, and automation and testing methods
- Familiarity with configuration and maintenance of common infrastructure components such as Postgres, Redis, Elasticsearch, and Hadoop
- 3+ years of experience in software development
- Deep understanding of customer needs and passion for customer success
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
What’s in the Shippo package?
- Healthcare coverage for medical, dental, and vision (90% covered by the company, incl. dependents). Pets coverage is also available!
- Take-as-much-as-you-need vacation policy & flexible work hours
- 3 Volunteer Days Off (VTOs)
- WFH stipend to set up your home office
- Charity donation match up to $100
- Dedicated programs, coaching, tools, and resources for your professional and career growth as well as an individual learning stipend for your personal and focused growth
- Fun team meetups through our Shippos everywhere program that includes regular team and company off-sites throughout the year as well as gatherings with your local Shippos
Sail through the process:
Here at Shippo, we celebrate inclusivity and are committed to creating equal access to opportunities for people from all backgrounds, perspectives and geographies. These values define who we are and everything we do. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply. If you need assistance, or a reasonable accommodation during the application and recruiting process, please contact us at [email protected].
Shippos in the wild:
Our people, much like the packages we help ship, are all over the world. This means, through our remote-first program, “Shippos Everywhere”, our roles can be based anywhere in the US with the exception of Delaware, Nevada, Ohio, Oregon, Hawaii, New Mexico and West Virginia and many roles can be based internationally.
For locations outside of the US and Ireland, the employment contracts are powered by Remote.com (all Shippo perks still apply – including equity!). What we want to emphasize is that you can be successful at Shippo regardless of location.