We are looking for a reliable Financial Manager that will analyze every day financial activities, subsequently provide advice and guidance to upper management on future financial plans and help us set fundraising milestones to maintain our 501(c)3 (public-charity) status as per US legislation. The goal is to smoothly run day-to-day financial accounting, enable the company’s leaders to make sound financial decisions and meet the company’s fundraising objectives.
- Provide financial reports and interpret financial information to managerial staff while recommending further courses of action.
- Maintain the financial health of the organization.
- Analyze expenses, revenue, fundraising, crypto assets, projected performance and the company’s actual performance compared to the business plans.
- Develop trends and projections for the organization’s finances and regularly update our fundraising milestones.
- Conduct reviews and evaluations for cost-reduction opportunities.
- Oversee operations of the accounting department and oversee cashflow management.
- Manage payables and receivables accounts.
- Manage the preparation of the company’s budget and create periodic financial reports for different stakeholders.
- Create and operate a financial dashboard for the organization across the treasury including crypto-assets.
- Liaise with auditors and tax advisors to ensure appropriate monitoring of company finances is maintained and compliance as a non-profit foundation is ensured.
- Correspond with various other departments, discussing company plans and agreeing on future paths to be taken.
You will report to the Head of the Operations team and work directly with the rest of the executive team.
- Proven experience as a Financial Manager
- Knowledge and experience working with crypto-assets and keeping crypto-books
- Experience in the financial sector with previous possible roles such as financial analyst
- Extensive understanding of financial trends both within the company and general market patterns
- Proficient user of finance software
- Able to manage, guide and lead employees to ensure appropriate financial processes are being used
- A solid understanding of financial statistics and accounting principles
- Working knowledge of all non-profit and crypto statutory legislation and regulations
- Strong interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
- Flexibility in working across time zones
- Proven experience working with a remote team including using tools such as Slack, GSuite and Asana to track their work
- Professional qualification such as CFA/CPA or similar will be considered a plus
- Interest and enthusiasm about crypto markets and carbon markets are a plus.
Regen Foundation is at the vanguard of the cultural space in the emerging field of ReFi. We are a small and fast growing team of passionate individuals committed to a balanced and supportive professional environment which reflects the values of our work, with ample room to grow in the organization. This is a novel opportunity to collaborate on leading projects and thought leaders in the ReFi space, and ethical tech writ large.
We are a fully-remote team working across 5 continents.
This is a part-time position (20 hr/week).
- Flexible hours and discretionary paid time off policy
- Deep Work Fridays (no internal or external calls scheduled on Friday of every week)
- Competitive salary for a startup NGO with global reach payable in crypto tokens
- Professional development allowance
About Regen Foundation
Regen Foundation is the 501(c)(3) non-profit arm of Regen Network—a community dedicated to the ecological regeneration of the planet, leveraging the remote sensing and blockchain technologies to compensate land stewards for responsible land management.
The Foundation has three pillars:
- Scientific Research & Inquiry
- Education & Capacity Building
- Technological Tools for the Commons
Regen Foundation is also responsible for establishing the Community Stake Governance Model for Regen Ledger, the ecological blockchain of the ecosystem.
At Regen Foundation, we strive to make the Regen Network ecosystem a global, diverse and inclusive community. We aim to create a culture of inclusion with sensitivity to nature and our own biases to the world and people around us.
We believe in equal employment opportunity regardless of your gender, race, creed, national origin, age, ethnicity and any other statuses. We are committed to building a diverse community and strongly encourage women, minorities and other candidates from the global south to apply.
As an organization, differences in employees are encouraged and embraced. Each individual is empowered to interpret and apply the so called “inclusive leadership” for different roles and groups.