Who we are
Recharge is the leader in powering physical subscriptions, making it one of the most important ecommerce engines. Recharge powers over 50M subscriptions worldwide and has processed more than 10B in transactions. More than 15K brands such as Verve Coffee Roasters, Bokksu, Who Gives A Crap, Geologie, Bite Toothpaste Bits and The Sill rely on Recharge daily to grow their businesses and delight their customers.
Recharge’s mission is to enable brands and merchants to form strong, lasting relationships with their customers through recurring purchases. As merchants seek ways to drive more direct sales and distribution through their channels and move away from a reliance on traditional online marketing strategies, Recharge has made it possible to grow businesses with seamless, recurring customer transactions.
Bootstrapped until 2020, Recharge is valued at over 2.1B dollars and is a double unicorn with a total raise of 277M dollars. Join us as we work with our merchants to define the future of ecommerce.
We are looking for an experienced Sr. Director of Legal. As the head of Recharge’s legal team, you will report to the Chief Operating Officer and will be responsible for providing and coordinating exemplary legal service at Recharge. You should be comfortable advising stakeholders on a variety of legal matters as well as have the ability to manage a team.
What you’ll do
- Live by and champion our values: #day-one, #ownership, #empathy, humility
- Partner with the senior leadership team to help drive business outcomes
- You will be responsible for providing legal and regulatory advice on development of new products and initiatives
- Take responsibility for corporate legal, equity compensation and corporate governance matters
- Assist in the continued operation and development of the policies and procedures for the company
- Contribute to problem resolution by identifying, addressing, and escalating issues as they arise
- Manage and oversee substantive legal areas including commercial contracting, partnerships, employment, data privacy, and product.
- Partner with the sales and growth team to drive the company’s revenue generating process
- Develop and manage internal and external business relationships
- Analyze laws and regulations relevant to the various businesses, developing compliance programs and facilitating compliance audits
- Provide support on executive-level legal analysis to keep the leadership team informed on an ongoing basis of legal risks and mitigation activities
- Oversee the development of Recharge’s legal operations function
What you’ll bring
- JD from a top tier law school with excellent credentials
- Active member of CA State Bar
- 8+ years of relevant experience, with at least 3+ years at a prominent law firm and 2+ years in-house at a large tech company
- Leadership and management skills
- Excellent negotiating and drafting skills on financial/commercial transactions
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, and ability to interact effectively with various levels of staff and management in various departments
- Ability to provide practical and risk-based legal advice
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills with the ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks simultaneously in a fast paced environment
- Effective in a dynamic environment, adapting to and managing change in a positive and proactive manner
- A team player with a ‘winning as a team’ attitude
- Ability to work remote-first
Recharge Payments is an equal opportunity employer. In addition to EEO being the law, it is a policy that is fully consistent with our principles. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to status as a protected veteran or a qualified individual with a disability, or other protected status such as race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, pregnancy or age. Recharge Payments prohibits any form of workplace harassment.
Transparency in Coverage
This link leads to the Anthem Blue Cross machine-readable files that are made available in response to the federal Transparency in Coverage Rule and includes network negotiated rates for all items and services; allowed amounts for OON items, services and prescription drugs; and negotiated rates and historical prices for network prescription drugs (delayed). EIN 80-6245138. This link leads to the Kaiser machine-readable files.