Product Hunt is a global community of makers, startuppy folks, early adopters, and product enthusiasts. We surface great new products every day, from AI-powered tools to mobile apps to wearables and beyond. Our mission is to amplify product makers who are using technology to build the future.
As a distributed team across 9 countries (like Bulgaria, France, India, UK, and the US), it’s important to us to build an inclusive team – across gender, ethnicity, and experiences – to best serve our global community.
We’re looking for a Content Manager to take on expanding Product Hunt’s coverage of the ever-evolving tech landscape. This is a unique opportunity to contribute your voice and leadership to a growing media channel in tech. The right person for this role is someone who is deeply passionate about tech and startups, an expert at storytelling and communicating, and a skilled curator.
About the job
You’ll spend your time…
Content Creation, Writing, and Research (75%)
- Researching and developing ideas for editorial content, keeping your finger on the pulse of product launches in Product Hunt and tech news externally to weave together articles that communicate trends and developments in tech.
- Writing newsletter content for our Daily Digest newsletter with half a million subscribers, as well as other potential new newsletters.
- Producing/writing articles including founder interviews, analyses of tech trends and topics, topical deep dives, and product roundups.
- Reporting on notable tech and product news, working quickly to turn around articles.
- Working with the data team to surface trends and interesting statistics from Product Hunt’s own platform and community.
- Helping with other long-form content such as launch announcements.
- Copyediting articles and newsletters
- Managing and responding to pitches, and editing those you approve for publication.
Content Management (15%)
- Managing the editorial calendar, working with the Content & Socia team to suggest content packaging that will help drive engagement and traffic.
- Managing freelance contributors, working together to define and strategize content that furthers your narrative.
- Managing contributors with whom we have syndication partnerships, curating their content for publication, and communicating as needed.
- Seeking additional syndication partnerships that add value and expertise to Product Hunt’s editorial coverage.
- Building content partnerships for syndication of Product Hunt’s own content.
The right person for this role…
- Has a deep passion for tech — you spend a ton of time consuming content about startups and tech.
- Has a deep curiosity about how the world is evolving and loves looking for context that explains “the why.”
- Is a highly-skilled writer, knowing how to balance detail and creativity with language that non-expert readers can digest.
- Is comfortable prioritizing their workload based on time sensitivity, impact, and effort (You won’t be on your own but you should have an opinion on what gets written, postponed, or passed on).
- Is a proven content strategist and knows how to think about content from beginning to end, including planning, creation, and distribution.
- Has 5+ years of experience creating long-form content as a writer, marketer, blogger, or journalist.
This full-time role is available for remote candidates in Europe and the UK. Because we are a fully dispersed and remote company, you’ll need to be available from 5am to 11am Pacific Time Monday-Friday. The rest of your hours can be worked flexibly at your convenience.
Benefits / Perks
- Gym stipend – Your health is important to us, too
- Full health insurance coverage for you and your dependents if you live in the US and a generous stipend for outside the US
- Fluid work schedule – We don’t believe in face time, work when you’re most productive (outside the hours noted above)
- Generous vacation time – Hard work deserves time off, so please take it
- Wellness Mondays. First Monday of the month is your time. Spend it however you want.
- Live wherever – We don’t care if you WFH or work from Hawaii. Our team was fully distributed before the pandemic and will continue as such.