Product Hunt is a global community of makers, startuppy folks, early adopters, and product enthusiasts. We surface great new products every day, from crypto investing tools to mobile apps to wearables and beyond. Our mission is to amplify product makers who are using technology to build the future.
As a distributed team across 9 countries (like Bulgaria, France, India, UK, and the US), it’s important to us to build an inclusive team – across gender, ethnicity, and experiences – to best serve our global community.
We’re looking for a Social Media Manager who considers themselves to be a digital conversationalist and community builder. The right person for this role is someone who is deeply passionate about tech, has an entrepreneurial spirit, and is a creative thinker and skilled writer.
About the job
- Develop and own the strategy for Twitter, LinkedIn, and other channels with a focus on community building and real-time engagement.
- Think through our strategy for visual channels like TikTok, Instagram and YouTube.
- Help to lay the foundation for voice and tone across Product Hunt’s social channels.
- Own the roadmap for regular content execution, both posting directly yourself and working with the team to collaboratively produce content and digital events (Twitter Space Panels, Town Halls, etc.).
- Seek and partner with makers and creators within and outside of the Product Hunt community to create and share content.
- Keep your pulse on the heartbeat of tech, responding to breaking tech news and identifying / communicating trends and opportunities to the team.
- Monitor Product Hunt’s brand awareness and share of voice among markets in social, reporting regularly to leadership.
This role reports to the Content Lead and works within the Marketing Team, especially alongside our Editorial and Community team. You’ll also work cross functionally with other Marketing members and divisions to support communications around things like product launches.
We’re more interested in your experience, proven results, and passion for tech and community than your previous career titles.
You might be…
- A social media manager with 3+ years of experience who has scientifically mastered the art of the tweet
- A creator or blogger who has grown a following for your interesting takes and thoughtful commentary
- A journalist who has covered tech startups or tech verticals for years and wants in on helping makers with great ideas flourish
- A serial founder with a head full of wisdom, a keen understanding of relationship-building, and a way with words
You’re the kind of person who…
- Is deeply curious and geeks out over tech and product trends. You’re at the forefront of industry news daily.
- Knows how to execute. You know your way around Twitter and Facebook (other community-driven sites like Reddit are a plus) with your eyes closed.
- Likes to experiment but is strategic, too. You hold strong opinions loosely — you know what makes a perfect thread but aren’t afraid to try something new.
- Is quick with words. You pride yourself on your ability to create clever copy and think creatively. Typos make you cringe. Reparte is your bread and butter.
- But kind and thoughtful. You genuinely want to see great ideas succeed.
The salary for this role is dependent on location/cost of living and experience.
This full-time role is available for remote candidates from anywhere in the world, but you’ll need to be available from 5am to 11am Pacific Time Monday-Friday. The rest of your hours can be worked flexibly at your convenience.
- Salary: $45,000-$85,000 depending on experience and location
- Gym stipend – Your health is important to us, too
- Full health insurance coverage for you and your dependents if you live in the US and a generous stipend for outside the US
- Fluid work schedule – We don’t believe in face time, work when you’re most productive (outside the hours noted above)
- Generous vacation time – Hard work deserves time off, so please take it
- Wellness Mondays. First Monday of the month is your time. Spend it however you want.
- Live wherever – We don’t care if you WFH or work from Hawaii. Our team was fully distributed before the pandemic and will continue as such.