Perch is creating the next generation Consumer Products company by becoming the first technology-based scale operator of top eCommerce microbrands. Microbrands selling through marketplaces like Amazon are transforming global retail; Amazon’s 3rd party marketplace generated $300 billion dollars in 2020 alone. Perch is disrupting and accelerating this space by acquiring great brands and making them even better. We look for successful, profitable businesses that sell top-ranked products with differentiated customer feedback. The Perch platform integrates those businesses into a scale-operating company and accelerates the products to the next level of sales and profitability. We are a key resource for entrepreneurs who want liquidity and a key partner for Amazon and other retail channels by offering exceptional products, great customer service, and great value. Check us out! We’d love to learn more about you.
Central to our success is the ability to rapidly integrate, grow, and optimize our brands after they join our platform. We are looking for an entrepreneurial and analytical individual who is excited to take direct P&L responsibility for some of our fastest-growing brands in a hands-on role.
This Brand Manager will be a key part of the Perch growth team and will be responsible for managing a portfolio of fast-growing eCommerce microbrands that sell primarily on Amazon. This person will have the following core responsibilities:
- Sales Strategy: Develop and execute a comprehensive sales & marketing strategy by brand, focused around pricing, promotions, pay-per-click advertising, and listing optimization.
- P&L Ownership: Set and measure yourself against brand-level sales and contribution margin goals and provide regular monitoring of brand performance.
- Brand Stewardship: Work cross-functionally alongside the integration team and growth team to understand core competencies of new businesses and take thoughtful ownership of new brands
- Team Leadership: Lead, coach, develop, and mentor a high performing global brand management team.
- Perch Playbook Development: Plan, execute, and assess speculative growth opportunities, helping the team add growth levers to the Perch Playbook.
- Vendor Management: Manage brand-level 3rd party vendor engagements, including identifying and selecting vendors, developing relationships, defining KPIs, and monitoring performance.
- Be additive to our culture of challenging the status quo and having a low ego.
- 3+ years of work experience.
- Exceptional in Excel.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills and attention to detail.
- Exceptional relationship management and collaboration skills with a diverse group of people.
- Intellectually curious and strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to anticipate and proactively block and tackle issues that may arise and be able to work autonomously.
- Demonstrated ability to be entrepreneurial and a self-starter.
- Strong prioritization skills and ability to identify importance vs. immediacy.
- Strategic thinker and problem solver.
- Track record of bringing structure and process to something that is inherently messy.
- Sense of humbleness and desire to roll up your sleeves and be agile – no job is too big or too small.
- Excited at the prospect of being a part of a rapidly growing company.
The expected base pay hiring range for this role is USD $95,000 – $120,000 per year. This role is also eligible for an annual bonus, equity, and benefits. A summary of benefits we offer our U.S. – based employees can be found here.
The compensation range listed above reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for this position across all US locations. Within the range, individual pay is determined by several factors, including, but not limited to, work experience, technical skills, certifications, etc.
What Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Means to Perch
At Perch, we’re dedicated to making a positive impact on our customers, teams, partners, and the community around us.
We believe we can maximize this impact by seeking out diverse experiences and perspectives and by promoting empathy and learning through allyship. We understand diversity is an engine that powers innovation and problem-solving. Our commitment to equity and inclusion fuels us to delight our customers. We trust that our shared success will come from building an organization where people of all races, genders, sexual orientations, religions, abilities, ages, and backgrounds feel valued, celebrated, and empowered.
We know this vision requires continuous effort, and we are committed to putting in the work to ultimately reach our highest Perch.
*Perch is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.
*Processing of Personal Data
When you apply to a job on this site, the personal data contained in your application will be collected by Whele LLC dba Perch or one of its affiliates (“Perch”) using Greenhouse Software, Inc., a cloud services provider located in the United States of America (“Greenhouse”). Greenhouse is engaged by Perch to help manage its recruitment and hiring processes. For more information about how your personal data will be processed by Perch and any rights you may have, please review Perch’s applicant privacy notice at https://www.perch-brands.com/applicantprivacynotice.