We run ofri, the most awesome platform in Switzerland to find and compare craftspeople for your remodelling projects. We were a fully-remote company, even before it was cool.
Our team consists of former Sound Engineers, Biologists, Car Mechanics, Stockbrokers and Carpenters. We even have some outcasts who studied Business Administration.
We’re looking for a solid, battle-tested engineer with a pioneer spirit who will work in a small product team and have a high impact on the technical side of the product.
You will ideally have at least 3-5 years of experience and be a person with strong ownership and self-initiative. We need someone who will push things forward, does code reviews and contributes to the team in terms of code quality and processes.
- Ruby 3.2, Rails 7
- MySQL 8
- Hybrid infrastructure approach-ubuntu lts + some docker containers (whole thing configured via Ansible-it’s almost maintenance free at this point so devops skills not required)
- Redis + some redisearch
- Bootstrap 4, stimulus js, jquery, some react (is most complex UI-wise section),semantic-ui on the support panel, typescript
- Github pull requests and code reviews, 2 different deployment environments
- We heavily rely on CI&CD (CircleCI) and test whole stack-we do both unit and feature specs (over 85% C0 coverage) and have bunch of linters hooked-in (rubocop+ eslint + brakeman + bundle audit + stylelint + some more)
- At the moment we’re using Trello and working in a kanban style-we meet every week for dev & company-wide calls
- Sentry, AppSignal, PostHog, RudderStack, Google Analytics, Matomo, Metabase
- 100% remote job.
- Flexible working hours – We believe in a good work-life balance.
- Laptop and hardware, Home-office setup budget, Educational budget.
- Company retreats when possible.
- Bi-weekly colleague online coffee chats.
- Fun and friendly remote work environment with a motivated, helpful, and international team where we don’t take ourselves too seriously and support each other.
- You can contribute and take responsibility from day one – your opinion matters!
More about us
We are a Swiss company that operates fully remotely.
We’re not a software house so you won’t be doing rails new every 2 months, but on the other hand, your work will have a tremendous impact and you will have a chance to see what works and what doesn’t over a longer period of time-iterate, refactor and learn from your mistakes and decisions. You will also have the chance to see a codebase that survived ~10 years and lead to having a profitable and growing business.
We are super passionate about developing an excellent remote work culture and ensuring that not only the customers, but the team feels heard, welcome, and appreciated. We are currently 9 people and a fully self-funded company.
We value especially self-initiative, ownership, open communication, commitment as well as level-headedness. We welcome people into our team regardless of gender, ethnic origin, religion, age, sexual identity or disability. Please only apply if you share our values as a cultural fit is an essential requirement for this role.