At Mimo, we believe that coding can open doors to careers and opportunities like few other skills. That’s why we’ve rallied around the common goal of making coding accessible to everyone.
We’re looking for a part-time App Store Optimization Manager to join our Marketing team (20-30 hours/week). You will be leading our ASO efforts, which include storefront metadata optimization for multiple markets, executing creative testing, partnering on promotions with the stores’ editorial teams preparing storefront assets for releases, and more.
What you’ll be doing
- You’ll identify opportunities, execute strategies and tactics, and measure incremental changes to grow the Mimo apps organically on the App Store and Google Play
- You’ll execute tactics for conversion rate optimization and A/B testing of store assets, collaborating with a designer on new store creatives (icons, screenshots, video, etc.)
- You’ll conduct market research and competitor analyses to gain market insights and identify new opportunities
- You’ll reach out to editorial teams pitching new app features and secure featurings that can increase our visibility in the stores
- You’ll work with the Customer Support team to improve average ratings. You’ll also work with the User Acquisition Manager on improving conversion rates for paid traffic.
You’ll thrive in this role if
- You have 2+ years of proven ASO experience in the mobile industry, with wins and losses.
- You’re fluent in English and have excellent copywriting skills.
- You have a good understanding of ASO best practices, knowledge of app stores, optimization methods, and effective tactics and frameworks for growing apps in multiple geographies.
- You have experience in generating ideas for store asset experiments, conducting A/B tests, validating the reliability of their results, and communicating takeaways.
- You can leverage best-in-class analytics tools. You’re comfortable with Google Analytics, App Store Connect, AppFollow, SensorTower, Adjust, or similar tools to analyze the results of your work.
- You bring a growth mindset. You think critically, constantly question the status quo, and identify improvements on both the App Store and Google Play to drive organic user growth.
- You’re a remote-work advocate. You value asynchronous, written communication and can express yourself concisely. You can work independently with little to no supervision.
How we work
- We’re a distributed team working between the time zones of Eastern Standard Time (UTC -5) and Eastern European Time (UTC +3) for collaboration.
- If you’re located outside of this time zone range and want to move to the company’s official headquarters in Austria, we’ll handle the work permit process and cover travel expenses.
- If you prefer to work outside of your home, we offer a physical location in Vienna and co-working stipends in other cities.
- We love working async, so you get to set your own schedule. For this role, you’ll join the team part-time (20-30 hours/week).
Our global perks and benefits
- We have a remote-first mentality and give everyone a home-office budget.
- 25 days of paid vacation days in addition to your local public holidays and paid sick leave.
- We sponsor team retreats and remote-friendly activities like hack weeks, the culture club, and coffee breaks.
- To further develop yourself, use our €680 personal growth budget for books, online courses, conferences, or anything else that supports your personal development.
- To give our menstruating team members the time off to cater to their health when needed during their menstrual cycle, we offer up to 2 days of paid menstrual leave per month.
- Your annual salary will range from €40k to €51k gross annually (or €52k to €65k for contractors) on a full-time basis. Your salary will automatically increase by 5% every year. No questions asked.
- The chance to build a world-class product, positively impact millions of aspiring developers, and be a virtual owner of the company with equity (phantom stock).
With the Mimo app, we’ve made it easy and fun for more than 15 million beginners to start coding on the go and build up their confidence to pursue a career in tech. From bite-size coding exercises to full-fledged projects, we’re helping our learners form a habit of coding and reach university-level learning outcomes. With the launch of cohort-based programs, we’re well on our way toward becoming the world’s largest tech school. If you, too, want to help millions of people learn to code and eventually become developers, this is your opportunity to shape the future of tech education.