Are you a talented recruiting professional with a strong track record of sourcing and attracting top global talent, where you’ve not only hired great people but influenced outcomes that have helped change the business? If this describes you, and you’re looking to join a rapidly-growing tech startup with a global footprint, then Metabase may be right for you! High talent density is at the forefront of our recruiting strategy, and we’re seeking a driven and thoughtful Senior Talent Acquisition Specialist to help us double our headcount by sourcing top talent globally across all levels of the organization. This role will work to directly source high caliber candidates and manage all interview processes to support a timely, positive, and transparent candidate experience. You will partner with hiring managers to advise on hiring best practices, build quality pipelines, and create a positive candidate experience. The ideal candidate values candidates’ and hiring managers’ time and is relentless with delivering a high-touch and quality recruiting experience.
At Metabase, we value people who get things done, honor their commitments, keep things moving, seek to understand, and are thoughtful (at speed). Your work will help us build an ambitious and talented team. You will lead and execute our hiring strategies to grow teams across all functions as we scale, initially focusing on non-technical talent, with room to potentially grow to support recruiting efforts for our technical roles. The ideal candidate will have proven experience sourcing high talent density candidates within tech/SaaS/BI in non-technical roles (bonus points if you’re experienced sourcing both technical and non-technical talent!).
- Build sourcing strategies (including identifying the best online sourcing channels), plans, and pipelines that allow us to interview and hire premier talent
- Collaborate with hiring managers to build clear job descriptions, interview plans, sourcing strategies, and evaluation processes
- Manage the candidate journey through outreach, engagement, interviews, offer, and closing to ensure strong conversion and a delightful candidate experience
- Proactively assess effectiveness of recruitment tools, resources, and overall approach to identify gaps, continuously improving recruiting operations and interview practices, and driving efficiency and effectiveness, updating and evolving as needed
- Create materials and provide internal training on best practices for hiring
- 5+ years of experience in the recruiting space, preferably as part of an in-house team
- Experience growing remote teams from 50 to 100 employees
- A strong track record of sourcing and attracting top talent, ideally for a company with an extremely high bar
- A thorough understanding of how to best hire top talent within tech; you are relentless in your pursuit to attract top talent and can persuade passive candidates to enter your pipeline.
- Experience leading situational-based interviews, and understand the value behind unearthing candidates’ abilities to perform job duties versus hiring “interviewing experts”
- Drive change for the better; your ideas are driven by first principle thinking, creativity, enthusiasm, and pure hustle
- Detail, strategic and results oriented. You can zoom out to help plan business strategy and then zoom in to deliver in the weeds
- Ability to take decisive action with a focus on results, along with strong business acumen, analysis, and problem-solving skills
- Comfortable partnering with senior leadership on hiring initiatives
- Proactive with a true sense of ownership and accountability + an ability to work asynchronously
- Experience hiring specialists and complex roles from entry-level to supervisors
- Experience managing an ATS (we currently use Lever)
We’re a global team (50% outside the US), fully distributed (from Thailand to California), who get things done asynchronously, with plenty of uninterrupted time, supporting each other to do the best work of our careers. We offer flexibility (define your own schedule and work from wherever you want), autonomy, and an environment that fosters growth, learning, and development. We’re relentlessly user-focused and believe in building long-term value, not short-term hacks. And we raised a $30M Series B to take our approach to the next level for years to come.
Metabase is the easiest way for people to get insights from their data, from tiny startups who get up and running quickly to major corporations with tens of thousands of users. That’s why people love us.
We bring data tools with the elegance and simplicity of consumer products to the crufty world of enterprise business intelligence. We provide an opinionated open source starting point for how companies should measure, analyze and share their data, which is used by tens of thousands of companies.