- Kasa is searching for a Staff Accountant to join our cutting-edge Finance Team. In this position, you will help build Kasa’s global brand by performing multiple duties related to the accounting functions of the organization within established deadlines.
- In this role, you will report to the Manager of Finance and work with different finance and accounting staff members as well as outsourced staff. In this position, you will play a critical role in building a market-leading, financial reporting organization to service Kasa’s rapid growth across multiple asset classes and geographies. It takes a dedicated person to succeed in this role, and we hope you are excited by the challenge!
- As a Kasa Staff Accountant, you will regularly interact with and support our Operations Team and work together to help grow and develop Kasa’s portfolio of properties.
About the Team
- Kasa is building an efficient and effective finance team to ensure best-in-class financial reporting and guest satisfaction. You will be joining a team with diverse backgrounds in hospitality, real estate, and private equity. The team focuses on building scalable processes by being resourceful and having a growth mindset. This remote role will be part of a small team, allowing for significant upward mobility within a fast-growing organization.
Day in the Life of a Kasa Staff Accountant
- As is normal in the accounting world, each day will be different depending on the time within the reporting cycle. The main focus will be ensuring the accuracy of our general ledger and financial reporting. You will work with other Finance Kasamig@s to complete centralized and de-centralized accounting assignments. During month-end, you will perform other ad-hoc financial duties – you are ready to wear multiple hats.
- Your responsibilities will include reviewing the general ledger and using sound judgment to interpret what you’re seeing and independently identifying and sending adjusting entries to be recorded. You will work with the Finance Manager to summarize & present financial information in meaningful ways to facilitate useful discussions and good decisions by internal teams and prepare financial information to be shared with our external partners.
- When you are not in the thick of financial reporting, your focus will be to work on strategic initiatives. Examples include helping the team to complete the reconciliation of tax filings and assisting the Finance Manager with meeting annual audit requirements. You will identify, communicate, and implement process improvements.
- Every other week you will participate in a company-wide meeting where we discuss the business. You get to interact with leaders from other departments and share ideas to help grow the business. Our culture is based on a remote work environment where we take pride in getting to know each other and what drives us.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance. Progressive GAAP experience required.
- 2+ years of accounting experience
- Excellent attention to detail and strong time management skills
- You’re highly motivated and able to maintain efficiency while working independently.
- You’re proactive by nature and can act decisively when needed.
- You’re a team player who is committed to uplifting your coworkers and the company.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and Google Suite
- You’ve worked in the hospitality industry at some point in your career
- You’ve worked remotely at some point in your career
- You are proficient in Netsuite
You will succeed at Kasa by:
- Demonstrating ownership of your properties and portfolios through accurately, timely, and completely delivering on all assignments
- Building your understanding of elements unique to your properties & contracts and being able to articulate them to others; sharing your knowledge with others and being receptive to what they share with you.
- Maintaining materially accurate books for both your properties and the consolidated Kasa entity
- Operating independently, with limited supervision
- Providing a high degree of customer service to your fellow Kasamig@s and our Property Partners through providing timely, thoughtful and accurate responses
- Demonstrating initiative in resolving issues through strong problem-solving abilities and a desire and willingness to partner with others to achieve the best results
- Understanding the guest, property owner and operating team challenges facing companies in the global accommodations space
- ✈ Kasa Travel Credit: We love to travel! Kasa employees get an allowance of free stays with us in any of our locations, plus a discount on any night for friends and family.
- 🌏 Remote Work: With flexibility as a core value, and over three-quarters of the team working remotely, Kasa employees are able to work from anywhere!
- 📈 Generous Stock Option Plan: We believe the success of our business should be shared with our team. As you grow with us, we increase the opportunities for you to become part-owners of our company.
- 🙌 Flexible PTO: Full-time exempt Kasa employees are encouraged to take time off as they need and see fit, ensuring that it’s not disruptive to their work.
- 💰 Competitive Salary: We offer base salaries at or above market rates plus additional earning opportunities based on the position.
- 🩺 Health Coverage: We’ve invested in comprehensive health insurance options to help when you need it most, including a company-sponsored plan with fertility coverage.
- 📈 401(k) plan: As you invest in yourself and your future, Kasa invests in you too: we match 100% of the first 2% of deferred salary, and 50% of the next 2%.
- ⭐ Other Perks: Qualifying full-time roles are eligible for a wi-fi stipend, home office stipend, and more!
Who We Are
Kasa is building a global accommodations brand unlike any other. We took the best that hotels and short-term rentals had to offer and created a new class of hospitality that is well priced, trustworthy, and that offers a large selection of great locations. Our guests enjoy seamless check-ins, spacious apartments, and attractive amenities, helping them feel right at home. If anything comes up, our remote guest experience team is available 24/7, ensuring our hospitality is always felt, though rarely seen.
Behind the scenes, we build technology that combines with our innovative operations to grow a globally scalable offering that delivers high-quality stays. Our products and systems unlock unparalleled flexibility to operate anywhere from a few Kasa to a few hundred Kasas in any type of building, in just about any location. We currently have Kasas in over 17 states and are expanding into new markets all the time.
All of this is made possible by our team members, each of whom plays a critical role in fulfilling our vision and mission. We strive to foster a culture that values feedback, support, and collaboration throughout the organization. As a remote-first company, we work hard to bridge the gap of distance through initiatives that foster connection across Kasa. A few examples include lively All-Hands meetings, department get-togethers (online and in-person), and teamwide celebrations of important milestones. We offer benefits that encourage team members to stay at Kasa properties to experience our product firsthand and meet local team members when nearby. Guests are crucial to Kasa’s mission. Accordingly, every new Kasa team member gets trained in our Guest Experience Akademy during their onboarding.
Our team is fortunate to have diverse backgrounds, personalities, and experiences united by a commitment to excellence and passion for our industry. If Kasa’s vision and culture speak to you, and you’re up for the challenge of building a company on the cutting edge of real estate, we would love to have you on our team!
Kasa Living is an E-Verify participant. We will verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States by matching information employees provide on the form i-9 against records available to the Social Security Administration (SSA) and the Department of Homeland Security (DHS). You may find more information and .