Let’s be honest, you’re here, so I’m assuming you already know INSIDE. But here’s a recap for you —
INSIDE.COM provides executive summaries of the news you need, delivered to your inbox daily. Our audience consists of over 310,000 entrepreneurs and executives who read our newsletters daily.
You’re probably asking yourself, “Why does a newsletter need full-stack devs?”
Well, we’re building something that adds a little AI magic to our company. The MVP we have is looking good, but we want to bring on some full-stack devs to help us get to that next level – to build something truly amazing that, as cliche of a line as possible, has the opportunity to really disrupt and change news and information-consuming habits.
I know that’s vague, but if we get to the interview part, I’ll show you what we have cooking….
As a Full-Stack Developer at INSIDE.COM, you will play a key role in developing, optimizing, designing, and maintaining our web applications. You’ll work closely with our President (Alex Medick) and CEO (Jason Calacanis) to deliver high-quality products for our fast-growing audience.
- Collaborate with product managers, designers, and other developers to understand project requirements and translate them into technical specifications.
- Create and maintain database schemas, models, and migrations.
- Implement responsive and mobile-friendly designs.
- Write clean, maintainable, and efficient code following best practices and coding standards.
- Perform code reviews and provide constructive feedback to team members.
- Troubleshoot and resolve software defects and issues.
- Stay up-to-date with industry trends and emerging technologies to ensure our applications remain competitive.
- Work hard, have fun, and BUILD!
- API Development
- Experience with modern front-end frameworks like React, Vue.js, or Angular.
- Familiarity with database systems, including PostgreSQL or MySQL.
- Knowledge of version control systems, such as Git.
- Strong problem-solving skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills.
- Ability to work in an agile development environment.
- Experience with cloud platforms (e.g., AWS, Azure) is a plus.
- Competitive Pay
- 100% Remote (we’re a fully distributed team)
- No travel is required, but we may ask to do a team meet-up 1-2x per year for a few days – no stress if you can’t make it though
- Only 2 real meetings per week
- Working on lessening this though
- Build rad products with rad people!
HOW TO APPLY
With your application, don’t worry about a fancy cover letter. Quite frankly, I won’t read it… Instead, write me out a short origin story and some bullet points of some work you’ve shipped, including at least one URL (a personal portfolio website works if you don’t have a side project or can’t share work you’ve done for an employer).
You can also email me the above: alex @ inside . com
INSIDE.COM is an equal-opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive and supportive workplace.