tldr; We build software for Airbnbs to rent themselves, with a state-of-the-art product and user experience.
We have crafted an Applicant Handbook, which we highly recommend you check out, where you can find out more about the company, culture, how we recruit, what we do, and how we do it.
We are bold, like risks, and take on big challenges together. Our customers love the product, provide valuable feedback, and trust us to rapidly help them with more of their problems.
Feel free to join in one of our upcoming Townhalls on Clubhouse to experience it for yourself!
Hospitable’s customers – short-term rental hosts – rely on us to deliver personalized guest experiences at scale. Our growth and reviews speak for themselves, but we can’t sit on our laurels.
Our core platform – Inbox, Calendar, Guest Experience, Operations, and Apps – continues to expand in depth and breadth. API Connections to Airbnb, VRBO, and Booking.com (OTAs) require periodic improvement and maintenance. New connection vectors are on the horizon.
To help with maintaining and improving Hospitable’s core platform and OTA connectivity, our remote-first, fully-distributed team is looking for a Core & Connectivity Product Engineer to maintain momentum and stability.
What you will be working on
You will be diving deep into our foundational codebase, which glues together our entire product lines and partner connectivity, to develop new features, maintain existing features, and improve platform stability and partner connectivity. Your work will have a direct impact on thousands of customers’ short-term rental operations.
- Know current OTA connections inside-out to get the maximum benefit out of partner APIs, improve downtime resilience, and increase edge-case coverage.
- Implement and maintain integrations with future connectivity partners.
- Add your voice to product shaping discussions, ship new core platform features 0→1, and iterate based on customer feedback.
- Use your software engineering chops to build magical user experiences, which are both simple for customers to use and simple for other engineers to understand and maintain.
- Partner with product, sales, customer success, and other engineers to develop and ship features that solve the right problems.
- Work within our “majestic” monolithic codebase, sitting on a Kubernetes-powered infrastructure-as-code stack.
- Implement and use observability tooling to track and debug post-deployment.
- Seek out and remedy performance/resource issues and feature bugs that have the most impact on business operations and customer experience.
- Refactor core platform and connectivity code to make it easier to understand, maintain, and test.
Hospitable.com is a remote-only and distributed company. For this position, your location is not a requirement. The ideal fit could work under European or American timezones.
Don’t tick all the boxes? Talk to us about why you’re still an amazing fit. In the meantime, here’s what we’re paying attention to:
- 3+ years of software engineering experience, with a focus on backend technologies.
- Significant experience with Laravel, PHP 7+, MySQL, and testing pipelines in a deployed web application used by paying customers. We are all in on Laravel; this is non-negotiable.
- An eye for testable, maintainable, and intuitive code, but also…
- The mentality of “Code is a means, not an end,” avoids unnecessary abstraction. Your compass points toward customer and business value.
- The ability to think through non-obvious usage scenarios and explore ripple effects within complex systems.
- High degree of empathy both toward customers and teammates.
- Exceptional communication skills – especially written. We are a remote-first, fully distributed company. Most communication happens on Slack and Notion.
- Self-motivated and able to make decisions when surrounded by uncertainty. You don’t require a support system to maintain momentum.
- Experience with queue/job-centric backends is a plus.
- Experience with building production systems where data ingestion from third-party APIs is critical to the business is a big plus.
The company itself is also a product, one that we iterate on. We’re always improving and creating an environment where we all love to work.
- A supportive and caring team environment, where you are trusted, not managed.
- Competitive compensation, slightly adapted to your location. For this role, the maximum cash compensation according to our salary grid is $170,662 (for a candidate based in a high-cost-of-life city such as San Francisco or New York).
- We want to offer options into the company equity through our $HOST token. When this can be implemented, the grant contemplated for this position would be $96,709 (not tied to location).
- 35 days off per year, encouraged (including self-serve public holidays) and parental leave.
- Mental-health and emotional support with therapists on call through Slack.