Founded in 2011, Hornet is the world’s queer social network with over 30 million diverse users, providing a safe and global home for the LGBTQ+ community. We are driven to create and expand a safe place for the community to enjoy the entire spectrum of queer life and friendships. Every day, we strive to reimagine what a queer app can be and how it can better serve our community. Our diverse team spans the world, bringing together a wide range of perspectives and incredible talent.
Do you want to join Hornet? We are looking for an entrepreneurial Programmatic Advertising Manager to work closely with our Product and Growth teams at Hornet, starting immediately. We prefer that you are already familiar with Hornet and the LGBTQ+ community in general and are looking for the chance to make meaningful changes that push the space forward.
The focus of this role is product-driven growth so we are looking for candidates that have successfully scaled ad monetization in the past.
- You will work closely with the Ad Operations Manager to deliver display, native, and video ad campaigns from various ad networks
- You will take ownership of the strategic elements of Hornet’s programmatic work streams such as identifying the right ad load for our users and reaching sales targets
- You will develop reports and performance summaries and systems to manage and forecast advertising inventory for internal clients
- You will work directly with our Data team and analyze projects related to ad monetization growth, providing detailed insights, including optimization recommendations
- You will evangelize a hypothesis-driven, test/measure/iterate growth process throughout the entire Hornet organization
- You will effectively package and communicate your analyses for maximum influence on both technical and non-technical stakeholders
- This is an independent contributor position that will have significant exposure (up to the C-level) at Hornet
Your Profile & Experience
- You have 3+ years of experience in programmatic advertising, ideally on the publisher side of a fast-growing startup, preferably in the consumer space
- You have experience in digital ad trafficking from a mobile web/app publisher and comfortably work with various types of auctions such as header bidding or waterfall setups across manifold ad networks
- You are following an entrepreneurial approach, proactively identifying and executing high-value analyses (versus waiting for assignments)
- You are highly quantitative, measuring the results of carefully structured experiments; ideally, you have at least some familiarity with SQL
- You are highly adept at quickly identifying the most critical learnings from analysis and communicating across the organization, showing solid instincts for business decision-making
- You got excellent troubleshooting skills, with a technical mindset and strong attention to details
- You feel comfortable working in a remote team at high efficiency
- Ideally, you have a background in business strategy, i.e., management consulting, finance, a Business Administration degree, or a data-driven startup
- Ideally, you have domain expertise in freemium (ad-supported free + paid subscription) consumer products and experience with developing predictive analytics
- You will be part of our mission to provide a safe space for the LGBTQ+ community
- We offer a flexible work environment where you can work fully remote
- We will offer you an open contract with monthly invoicing
Do you want to become a part of Hornet? To apply, please submit your resume. We do not ask for cover letters, but we give bonus points to candidates who can articulate their passion for our mission in a concise (1-2 sentence) statement.
We are looking forward to hearing from you! Do not hesitate to reach out if you have any questions.
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and backgrounds will lead to a better environment for our team members and a better product for our users and community.