We are now looking for a highly motivated individual that will be able to support this fast pace growth by ensuring that Gozem’s product constantly evolves to meet the needs of its users. If you have a strong entrepreneurial spirit and love setting a vision, solving problems, and creating something from nothing, this may be the opportunity you’ve been looking for.
The Product Manager role at Gozem is a unique opportunity to have a direct and significant impact at the earliest stages of a tech startup in West Africa. As a key member of the team, you will oversee and optimize Gozem’s product to achieve rapid growth. This role calls for a rare combination of problem-solving skills, creative business thinking, and strong interpersonal ability/people skills.
The Product Manager needs to be competent in all facets of the design process, hands-on experience with visual design, user research and exceptionally talented and skilled in Interaction and Information Architecture Design. As a well-rounded UX/UI professional you will connect the dots between business needs, innovation and good design. A great communicator with extensive cross functional collaboration experience and able to balance user needs and business objectives.
What You’ll Do
- Ability to define the full specifications of new product functions and engage with the engineering team to develop them
- Ability to rigorously test functions to ensure they match specifications and UX expectations
- Ability to build user flow charts, storyboards, wireframes, and related elements that play into the planning phase of an application.
- Strong focus on usability and interactive design.
- Researching and analyzing industry UX/UI trends and competitor sites and strategies.
- Regular review of usage data to analyze user behaviour, pain points and to inform design decisions.
- Able to handle expectations of Stakeholders and setting clear vision and get buy in cross functional.
What You’ll Need
- Bachelor or Masters in Computer Science, Electrical/Computer Engineering , Operations Research or Mathematics/Statistics
- 3 years of relevant experience in related fields
- Familiarity with database structuring needed
- Familiarity with API based product needed
- Basic knowledge of any programming language a plus
- Experience in interfacing with other teams and departments to deliver impact solutions for organisation
- Self-motivated, independent learner, and enjoy sharing knowledge with team members
- Detail-oriented and efficient time manager in a dynamic and fast-paced working environment
- Fluent in French and English
Nice to have
- Previous experience as a growth hacker in a startup or tech company is a plus
- Experience in geospatial databases or graph databases
- Recent programming experience in a production environment
Gozem is Africa’s Super App. The app, available on Android and iOS, provides a suite of transport, ecommerce and financial services to consumers and transport providers of Francophone Sub-saharan Africa.
Gozem is currently operating in 8 cities in Togo and Benin with more than 400,000 registered users that have completed more than 2 million trips since their launch in November 2018.
Google Play Store: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.gozem
Apple App Store: https://apps.apple.com/us/app/gozem/id1441247963
Do you aspire to flourish in a stimulating and friendly environment? Do you want to evolve and progress in digital, dynamic and disruptive contexts?
Help us grow and become Africa’s next unicorn! Join a company where long-term vision, ambition and human values will be the connectors of your professional project!
If you share our vision of moving Africa forward quickly, apply to join our team today.