The Email Marketing Campaign Manager aka Marketing Campaign Manager (MCM) develops the data-driven B2C promotion strategy for all campaigns, executes that strategy, and ensures campaigns achieve their objectives and reach their intended audience. The MCM works on the Growth Team to create integrated marketing campaigns based on persona-based buyer journeys, with data-driven segmentation used to help gain new customers and to increase engagement and purchases of both internal and external products.
The MCM is responsible for maintaining adequate email deliverability levels and maintaining message delivery best practices in accordance with legal requirements. The MCM oversees the automation contractor(s) to ensure that marketing (i.e., email, SMS, etc.) messages are loaded and delivered, and that leads are loaded into the correct campaigns. The MCM is also responsible for providing ongoing reporting, campaign insights, and goal planning to FRN’s Head of Growth and CEO, reporting on the efficacy of and providing suggestions on how best to improve the organization’s marketing automation and promotions strategy. Ideally, the MCM should be able to review pipelines and resolve challenges and implement approved solutions by working with the Head of Growth, Head of Tech, and other cross-functional team members.
The MCM deeply understands email marketing, SMS marketing, and similar marketing channels, especially Salesforce Marketing Cloud. To succeed in this role, the MCM must be metrics-driven, detail-oriented, and able to consistently execute at a high level with minimal to no errors. They can work cross-functionally with other teams of the organization to ensure that all parts of the marketing automation process run smoothly and that the campaigns are as effective as possible. They have excellent communication and time management skills and can effectively manage deadlines for several projects.
Reports to: Head of Growth
- Email & SMS Marketing Campaign Development
- Email & SMS Marketing Campaign Execution
- Campaign Analysis and Reporting
Marketing Campaign Development
- Lead bi-weekly promotions planning meeting
- Lead promotional strategy and maintain the Promotions Schedule in order to ensure every promotion is executed with 100% accuracy
- Manage all related details, changes, adjustments, or requests to the Promotions Schedule
Customer and Registrant Journey Optimization
- Optimize email and SMS sequences and journeys for all entry points, segments, and audiences
- Brainstorm and drive implementation of ideas around segmentation and strategy
- Persona-based buyer journeys
- Post-journey cross-promotion (for all audiences/groups)
- Reengagement campaigns
- Group definitions and what happens to folks who are not in the main mailing audience for any given promotion, etc.
- Consider the ‘yes and no’ side of segmentation to ensure we aren’t just mailing more to the highly active members of our list
- Enhance repeat promotions and define how we treat opt-ins who have received/opened messages for a product in the past
Marketing Campaign Execution
- Maintain message delivery best practices including device compatibility, the appearance of subject lines, use of images, preheader text, etc.
- Work with the Growth Team to develop and implement segmented marketing campaigns.
- Proactively monitor email deliverability and work with ISPs and ESPs to ensure a high inbox delivery rate.
- Work cross-functionally to minimize the impact of message content on inbox deliverability.
- Understand the intricacies of and develop strategies to maximize email deliverability.
Marketing Automation Expertise
- Oversee automation contractor(s) and provide backup when necessary.
- Code, load, and schedule custom, responsive HTML email messages, and SMS messages for ongoing marketing, transactional, and ad-hoc messages.
- Provide “first round” quality assurance (QA) of all messages sent via the marketing automation platform.
- Execute, end-to-end, on ongoing email marketing broadcasts and campaigns.
- Manage all active email campaigns that take advantage of audience segmentation, sent on a regular basis to a large user base.
- Manage reengagement campaigns/journeys in order to always have an engaged and active house list.
- Maintain and update priorities based on the organization’s promotions calendar.
- Maintain the organization’s marketing automation systems.
- Know the ins and outs of Salesforce Marketing Cloud and be able to provide expertise to the rest of the organization on how to best leverage its capabilities.
- Discover, design, and implement cross-channel integrations for various marketing campaigns, tools, and resources.
- Work with Marketing and Technology Teams to assist with data reporting between campaigns and other relevant systems.
- Provide support as a stakeholder to the Tech Team to determine what is required to interface with marketing automation systems, CRM, and customer data through user-facing, administrative, and API interfaces to other team members.
- Use third-party tools to assist the organization with streamlining systems and processes within all cross-functional teams.
Campaign Analysis and Reporting
- Reporting of message performance including standard metrics and analysis of creative testing.
- Identify new lead nurturing campaign ideas, pitch them to key stakeholders, then implement, optimize, and report.
- Continually A/B test hypotheses such as subject lines, content, design/layout, or timing to increase customer engagement and retention while decreasing complaints and unsubscribes.
- Regularly perform in-depth analysis of the entire campaign portfolio to ensure KPIs are being met, systems are functioning optimally, and to identify underperforming parts of campaigns.
- Monitor and minimize unsubscribe/bounce/deliverability/complaint rates and ensure spam regulation (CAN-SPAM), GDPR, and CCPA compliance.
- Create documentation of role processes to ensure the flow of information is easy and understandable
- Create and maintain documentation (as appropriate) of active campaigns and journeys
- Create and maintain all procedural documentation in case the need for backup support arises
- Keep Salesforce Marketing Cloud contact database clean to avoid incurring overages
- Monitor Salesforce Marketing Cloud contract usage and advise the Head of Growth on potential overages
- Collaborate with the Head of Growth to hire contractors, establish rates, etc.
- Raise proposals for additional resources, when needed
- Fluency with Salesforce Marketing Cloud
- Basic SQL expertise to write queries and statements for reporting and data extensions
- Ability to understand complex business challenges
- Ability to evaluate organizational opportunities
- Ability to provide projections and trend assessments
- High level of curiosity and drive to understand metrics and their implications
- Exceptional analytical, quantitative, and logical problem-solving abilities
All FRN team members are expected to adhere to our Global Behavioral Competencies.
- Reliable high-speed internet connection
- A quiet, functional, and stable work environment (home or home office okay)
- Comfortable working with a team via Slack
- Comfortable working with others via Zoom video conferencing
- Comfortable working within a project management system
- Expert-level proficiency with G Suite products, specifically Docs and Sheets.
Our mission is healthy, ethical, and sustainable food for all.
Food Revolution Network is an online-based education and advocacy-driven organization committed to healthy, ethical, and sustainable food for all. Guided by John and Ocean Robbins, we have more than 750,000 members and collaborate with many of the top food revolutionary leaders of our times. Food Revolution Network aims to empower individuals, build community, and transform food systems to support healthy people and a healthy planet.
We believe that everyone, regardless of the color of their skin or how much money they have, deserves the knowledge and the means to healthfully feed themselves and their family. We’re committed to a world with a true opportunity for everyone to be healthy.
You believe in the power of healthy, organic, fair trade, local, plant-strong food to change the world. You’re passionate about supporting the food revolution and movements for a more healthy, ethical, and sustainable world. You support our scientifically grounded, fact-driven, and welcoming approach, which promotes a whole foods, plant-based diet and is inclusive of a broad range of eaters.
You’re values-driven, highly motivated, self-aware, ethical, emotionally intelligent, multiculturally competent, compassionate, socially conscious, constantly learning, and respectful of yourself and others. You’re reliable, dedicated, undaunted, persistent, friendly, and forthright. You admit your mistakes, clean up your messes, and learn from everything.
Our Commitment to Equal Opportunity
Food Revolution Network is a committed equal-opportunity employer. FRN recruits, employs, trains, compensates, and promotes regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected status as required by applicable law. At FRN, we aim to be a place where a diverse mix of talented people bring their skills, life experience, passion, and creativity to create a whole that is greater than the sum of its parts. We are committed to healthy, ethical, and sustainable food for ALL, and that requires a proactive dedication to advocating for equity, inclusion, and opportunity including for those communities that have been most negatively impacted by our toxic food culture. We are committed to equality and believe in diversity of race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, national origin, and all the other characteristics that enable each person to bring unique talents, insights, and skills.
FRN is a fully remote team, with team members in multiple North American time zones. This position may be performed from anywhere, but we strongly prefer North America-compatible time zones, with a required availability from 9 am – 3 pm Pacific Time Monday through Thursday.
$72,000 – $85,000 annual salary, depending on experience.
Permanent full-time employees also receive paid time off, flexible time off for holidays, wellness time off, health, vision, and dental insurance, opportunities for bonuses, 401k eligibility, and other benefits.