Get to know us
eyeo is an open source software company whose market-leading ad-filtering technology powers products like Adblock Plus and AdBlock as well as technical integrations for leading browsers on the market. Our privacy-first products like Crumbs promote transparency and an improved browsing experience. eyeo is dedicated to giving users control of their online experience while fostering a sustainable online value exchange between content creators, publishers, advertisers and users.
In combining our User Growth partnerships and our subsidiary products, our technology reaches 250 million monthly active users.
At eyeo, we’re passionate about user agency, personal privacy and sustainability as well as keeping the web an open, fair resource for everyone.
How we work
eyeo has colleagues based all over the world. We love our diversity and our company culture. We practice an agile, remote workstyle with work distributed in cross-functional teams that span nearly every timezone. Many of our tech teams prefer to work asynchronously. If working remotely isn’t for you, we also have two offices (Cologne and Berlin) that you can choose to work from. Twice a year we come together with our teams for Team Days and once a year we offer an offsite company retreat, Summer Week. By offering remote work and in-person sessions, we have built a hybrid culture that offers a unique dynamic of flexibility and belonging.
What you’ll do
We are a small team of engineers that run the development, test, and production infrastructure at eyeo. We’re the ones who turn the lights on and then keep the engines running – our tasks are both developmental and operational and that is our fundamental advantage and a challenge. Our team is quite diverse: we value transparency, honesty and fairness.
After your morning routine, you’ll be expected to…
- Plan and manage the priorities of the strategic activities in your team
- Ensure clear goals and a manageable scope for delivery on-time, on-budget and on-quality
- Be the first point of contact to the team’s stakeholders and ensuring the reflection of the business needs in the team’s roadmap
- Align the vision and mission of the organization between teams and managers
- Set, coordinate and monitor objectives and key results (OKRs)
What you bring to the table…
- Proven experience working with teams that do both operational and development work
- Stakeholder-first mindset and the ability to identify the needs of others
- The attitude of a networker who is able to build strong and trustful relations
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
It’s awesome if you know about…
- Agile methodologies
- Team cooperation and how to inspire others with your ideas
- How to manage conflicting expectations of multiple stakeholders at once
What we offer
- Work remotely or from one of our offices —we trust you to find what works best for you
- Budget for the following: home office and/or relocation
- Flexible working hours
- 28 days paid vacation + Volunteer day
- Your choice of hardware and setup
- Personal and professional development budget
- Monthly child care allowance for children under 6
- Offsite team days and the annual summer company retreat
- Company-sponsored hackathons
- Monetization: https://adblockplus.org/blog/acceptable-ads-explained-monetization
- eyeo in the news: https://eyeo.com/press/
- Blog updates: https://eyeo.com/blog/
- Life at eyeo: https://eyeo.com/careers/working-at-eyeo
- The team at eyeo: https://eyeo.com/team
- Open Source repository: https://github.com/adblockplus, https://gitlab.com/eyeo