What We Are Looking For:
We’re looking for a Systems Engineer, to join our team here at Escape Velocity, which collaborates remotely from around the world. Your mission will be to help make our AAA game run on mobile.
What We Will Do Together:
- Develop and maintain a mobile version of our game for Android and iPhone platforms, ensuring high performance, functionality, and compatibility across both operating systems.
- Explore and implement innovative solutions to adapt select features from the PC/Consoles versions of the game to the mobile platform, optimizing the gameplay experience for mobile users while maintaining gameplay integrity and quality.
- Program hands-on in the Unreal (UE5) to continue to improve our game’s Mobile compatibility, performance, and experience.
- Develop studio-wide standards and practices to ensure our game developers (engineers, artists, sound designers, animators, etc) hit our Mobile quality bar.
- Contribute to the design of our gameplay systems.
- Collaborate with other internal departments (art, design, audio, QA, etc.)
- Document software and features for internal and external teams
- Participate in the code review process.
What You Will Bring:
- Strong programming experience, including working in a game engine (commercial or proprietary)
- Experience developing for Mobile platforms (Android and/or iOS) preferably on games.
- Strong understanding of Mobile-specific engineering concerns such as release and approval cycles, OS upgrades, UI and control schemes, API integration and Mobile-specific performance concerns.
- Experience shipping live Games-as-a-Service (GaaS)
- Experience with Mobile-specific graphics and rendering issues.
- Experience using Unreal Engine 4/5
- A keen analytical mind, with strong problem-solving skills
- Strong C++ skills and the ability to code and architect gameplay mechanics and tools
- Well versed in games and the ability to articulate what is strong/weak about the design of existing games.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Self-motivated, strong work ethic, and able to work independently.
- Creativity in problem-solving and the ability to think outside of the established solutions.
- Keen interest in games
Interested … a bit about Escape Velocity:
Escape Velocity is a team of passionate, talented developers working at a studio that offers excellent benefits and what we believe is a fantastic project. But that doesn’t make us unique. What does make us special? We value the time, energy, and talent of our players and our colleagues. We want every hour spent developing and playing our games to be an incredibly rewarding and worthwhile use of your time. To that end, we are fully remote and support team members nearly anywhere in the world. We prioritize honesty, even when that means sharing bad news. We strive to give everyone autonomy so they can determine how best to work and play; and we care more about what you bring to the game and studio than how many hours you’re clocking. We believe in constant improvement across all areas – from the game itself to our production design – and are constantly re-evaluating how we spend our time to ensure that we’re not wasting yours and we’re all always working on the most important things. Finally (and perhaps most importantly) we’re dedicated to building a culture of play, which not only makes us better game makers, but also strengthens the bonds between us all.
HOW TO APPLY
Click apply and complete an application, along with a Resume / CV. If we would like to move forward with your application, a member of the Recruiting Team will reach out to you and guide you through our process.
Escape Velocity is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to hiring, promoting, and compensating employees based on their qualifications and demonstrated ability to perform job responsibilities.
Applications will be considered regardless of age, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, belief, race, or any other protected category.