We are disrupting the trillion-dollar construction industry with technology, making it possible for almost any profession to operate remotely. Our company is the only startup combining the strengths of technology and remote work to solve the challenges of residential construction.
Unlike most other products and services, hiring a contractor for a home improvement project is very far from a 1-click experience today. Ergeon aims to empower skilled local contractors with human and technology-powered services to make home improvement easy. We take a full-stack approach to create a seamless experience for homeowners, and leverage technology to scale the front & back offices of contractors.
With the belief that everyone has a right to professional growth and respect regardless of their location, we proudly have staff (aka Ergeoneers) in over 40 countries, with a great score and recommendation rating on Glassdoor. Come join us to make construction friendly and accessible!
Ergeon: [er – g- eon]
Erg = unit of work or energy
Eon = billion years
Ergeon is founded by CS Ph.D. serial entrepreneurs Jiayue (Jenny) He and Odysseas Tstatalos. They picked this name to symbolize their joint passion for using tech to revolutionize work.
Overview of the Role
A Marketing Designer at Ergeon is a specialist in graphic design. You will bring the marketing vision to life.
As a designer, you will consider Ergeon’s brand to ensure that the outputs are in line with our brand identity. The role asks that you use illustration, composition, color and images to create digital and print collateral.
- Design layouts for brochures, flyers, postcards.
- Design/develop collateral marketing materials for direct mail, flyers, brochures, signage
- Design/develop collateral for emails, blog posts, landing pages, online promotions and website pages
- Create promotional advertisements for social media platforms such as Facebook, Instagram, etc.
Desired Skills and Experience
- 2+ years of experience as a designer
- Post-secondary education, Bachelor’s degree or higher
- Strong print and layout design ability/fundamentals, understands the brief and execute
- Artistic, analytical
- Uses software like Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator
- Uses google suites, primarily google docs
- Work independently and efficiently
Nice to have
- Experience with digital marketing/advertising
- Experience with inDesign and/or Figma
- HTML coding
Good Laptop setup with Chrome browser
- Minimum of 8GB RAM
- Minimum processor:
- For Intel variants of CPUs:
- Core i3 8000 Series (8th Gen) or higher
- Pentium N5000 series (Quad-core variant) or higher
- Celeron J5000 series or higher (quad-core variant)
- For AMD variants of CPUs:
- Ryzen 3, 3rd generation or higher
- For Intel variants of CPUs:
Stable high-speed internet connection
- At least 5mbps upload and 20 Mbps download
- With a noise cancelling microphone
- 250-300W UPS
- Ability to access up to 1.5GB of data per day during storm outages
Hourly rate between $12.5 – $14.5 USD, depending on experience and location.
- Your final compensation will depend on your placement on our Career Ladder and will be calculated hourly.
- You’ll be paid weekly through Upwork (www.upwork.com), the platform we choose to hire and pay our Ergeoneers all over the world.
Additional important information
- This position is part-time with expectations of at least 20 hours per week.
Ergeon’s benefits and perks for full staff members
Competitive compensation: We invest in people! We are constantly doing worldwide market research in order to offer globally competitive salaries. And we are well funded by VCs.
All-Remote since the beginning: We have a diverse team spread across 40+ countries. We stay connected through the best remote work practices such as flexible work hours, team events, remote happy hours, and by sharing our love of food!
Tech, Wellness & Learning fund: You can have a $400USD bonus per year for software and hardware tools, workplace improvements, fitness-related spending (includes things like yoga classes, Fitbit tracker, new running shoes, gym membership. . .), and books, courses, training, or even attending conferences.
Stock options: All staff is eligible after 6 months of full-time work.
Birthday Paid day off: You can take the exact day, or Friday before if it is on a weekend!
Flexible Paid time off: You can take 12 days after working 6 months, PLUS 2 extra days per year for a maximum of 20 days.
Free Headset Benefit: You can get a noise-canceling headset since your first day working full-time.
Equipment: Laptop replacement after 1 year of full-time work. And every 3 years after that.
Co-Working Fund: Meet in groups of 3+ Ergeon friends and get reimbursed up to USD $20 for coffee, co-working, etc (once per quarter).
Language Classes: here at Ergeon you will have the opportunity to learn or improve a language!
We believe everyone has a right to professional growth and respect, no matter their location.
Ergeon’s workforce is given meaningful opportunities and is supported by a kind and diverse community.
Our global staff (Ergeoneers) have access to career growth, amazing work culture, and great benefits.
Come join us to transform the construction industry!