About DECA Games
We believe that games should be played for decades but many are abandoned even when a loyal community is screaming to keep them alive. DECA specializes in acquiring games from other developers and reinvigorating them to continue to entertain for decades. When other studios see an old game, we see a fantastic set of problems to solve and a huge opportunity.
DECA is a remote company with over 300 people in over 30 countries globally. DECA is also a part of the Embracer Group, the largest public gaming company in Europe.
About our culture
We’ve managed to maintain a small company feel with the stability and resources of a much larger one. We fully believe in the flexibility of a remote workplace. Team members are trusted to manage their time and get things done independently. We think that egos and politics need to be checked at the virtual door. That means no jerks are allowed, that no job is too small for anyone, and an openness to help and learn from each other is required. We love the challenge of working within constraints and love when we succeed as a team. Check out more about us and our values on our website (www.decagames.com).
This is a remote position. You can work from anywhere in the world in the CET timezone (9 a.m. – 6 p.m. CET).
About the role
We are looking for a Lead Game Designer to help guide a team of designers to success while ensuring the viability of the product. With your substantial experience in LiveOps development and the standard F2P monetization model, you will help establish high standards with a player-oriented mindset. Your mission will span from training a team of designers to ensuring timely and quality deliveries of designs, all the while championing the vision of breathing new life into cherished games.
- In collaboration with the Production team and Product Lead, establish the game’s vision and derive a feasible roadmap from it.
- Together with the Leads shape and establish a RACI system to follow through with.
- Foster a culture of communication, organization, and accountability across departments.
- Help delegate according to needs, while offering opportunities for growth for your team.
- Proactively spot potential risks, proposing and deploying contingency measures to mitigate them.
- Help identify design opportunities and shape them into successful features.
- Lead the team toward KPI-driven problem identification and resolution.
- Offer consistent progress updates, liaising with studio leads.
- Detect and facilitate the resolution of team-related challenges.
- Steer the onboarding process for your team, ensuring a seamless integration.
- Maintain uncompromised quality and punctuality over all production-related assignments for both oneself and direct reports.
- Exhibit decisiveness and operate with minimal direction from the Senior and Executive Producers.
- Support the product lead in making pivotal product choices rooted in the team’s capabilities.
- Set up clear career goals for your team and help them advance professionally.
- 3-4 years of experience working on games as a live service.
- 1-2 years of it as a Lead or acting Lead.
- Shipped at least one successful game or steered an existing one back on track.
- A passion for MMORPG and similar-styled games.
- Mastered the use of Jira, Confluence, Google Sheets, and Microsoft Office.
- Ability to oversee multiple different projects at the same time.
- Experience working with multi-discipline teams.
- Ability to work fully remotely on a CET/CEST timezone and schedule.
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Speaking English at full professional proficiency.
- Assertive problem-solving and decision-making skills.
- Willingness to admit mistakes and take accountability.
- Ability to break down problems and identify key relationships and levers.
- Experience in and passion for KPI-driven approaches and decision-making.
- High level of empathy and soft skills as a people manager.
- Willingness to delegate and allow for learning opportunities for others.
- Ability to spearhead motivation and positivity in a team.
- Remote first company culture.
- Flexible work hours to support a personal work-life balance.
- Weekly remote Embodiment@Work breathing and workout exercises.
- Online language classes: English, German, French, Spanish etc.
- Working in a multicultural environment with people from over 30 different countries.
- Flat hierarchies with an open-door policy.