Counterplay Games is looking for a Senior Weapon Artist for our next-gen PC and Console AAA game currently being developed using Unreal Engine. As the a Senior Weapon Artist , you will be responsible for faithfully creating weapons from real-world references as well as developing them from scratch based on concept art. You will also be responsible for supervising and mentoring junior members of the weapon art team, and collaborating with other stakeholders to ensure that all weapons achieve the quality bar established by the Weapons Lead.
- Deliver AAA quality models that are functional and error free
- Work from a combination of real-world reference and original concept art
- Interact and collaborate with team members from different departments (design, tech-art, animation, etc.)
- Supervise and mentor junior artists on the team
- Participate in creating and maintaining weapon content workflows that are efficient and scalable
- Demonstrate a desire to learn and grow professionally.
Skills & Requirements:
- 5+ years experience in game development and hardsurface asset creation
- Expert knowledge of current generation game art techniques and dependencies
- Strong understanding of PBR texture workflow
- Strong communication and writing skills.
- Strong knowledge of Unreal or equivalent real-time game engines
- Experience using Fusion 360
- Interest and passion for contemporary firearms and how they work