Looking for the next big move in your career? We’re a fully remote (since before covid!) international digital studio (growing 2x yearly, 30+ people) looking to hire a Senior Tech Lead. Sounds maybe interesting? Read on…
We’re looking for someone to join us as a Senior Tech Lead, responsible to help us deliver projects, support clients with solution design and architecture and support our team of engineers to continuously improve, learn and become better. You’ll be involved in projects for growing startups in the US as well as high-impact projects for established (Fortune500) organizations while undertaking a leadership role.
This is for you if…
1. You have solid tech/engineering skills ( either you can program or you know the ins and outs well);
2. You’re either a seasoned Full Stack Engineer looking for the next jump or a Team / Tech Lead looking for even more responsibility.
3. You don’t settle and want to grow more in an already growing organisation (70% YoY)
4. You can communicate fluently in English. Your role is NOT to code all day. On the contrary you’ll spend most of your time giving and asking for clarity. Great communication, specially written, is expected.
5. You’re an analytical mind — you look at problems and think through solutions.
6. You’ve been exposed to web or mobile products and worked on the area earlier.
7. You’re extremely curious — always wanting to hear and learn more and get challenged.
8. You’re ready for more ownership (and also the responsibility that comes with it);
9. You want to (or better, have experience with) leading teams.
Note: You’ll see we never specify stuff like “Be a team player” or “Be dedicated” and stuff like that. That is a base requirement for any position these days, but just know we also like these things people usually ask for: motivated, focused, hard-worker that likes to grow and learn more, that works well with others and has a positive attitude
This is even better if…
1. You have experience leading teams already.
2. You understand a big part of your role is listening to others and help to bring structure and technical solutions to the table. You’ll work with clients, and need to be able to think through a business lenses (as outlined above). But you’ll then take that and translate it into the most effective internal solution. You’ll support engineers with their struggles, help them grow but also push them to be better by setting ambitious goals.
3. You’re pragmatic. You know 100 users don’t need a auto-scaling-behind-load-balancer-distributed-serverless-whatever shit. But 1.000.000 sure need other concerns.
What you’ll do
You’ll be responsible to oversee the execution of our projects and lead our team of engineers. This means:
1. You’ll communicate with clients and be part of refinements to help shape ideas and turn them into stories that will be executed (you’ll not be expected to write the stories but support with tech feasibility and business-to-tech “translation”);
2. You’ll work with our project managers to ensure our projects are getting delivered on time and with high standards of quality.
3. You’ll help engineers, individually or in groups, in getting unlocked out of challenges.
4. You’ll think through and advise on best technical approaches to problems and challenges.
5. You’ll draft and rally others to build a set of technical standards we adhere to;
6. You’ll make sure our engineers have what they need to do great work — suggesting training, further development opportunities and challenging projects and tasks.
7. You’ll contribute to our project processes to ensure they are aligned with engineering needs.
8. You’ll consult our clients on technical implementation or on how to orchestrate resources (sometimes design, QA etc) to deliver on objectives;
9. You’ll take goals and (with the support of your team) build solid, detailed plans.
10. You’ll help us hire a stellar team and be their voice!
What is in for you?
– An unique challenge that enables you to grow, while having the opportunity to shape OUR future;
– Insane levels of ownership, independence and responsibility;
– A leadership position within the organization on the project delivery area;
– Work from anywhere with our remote policy. We know sometimes the best work is done in the beach (or mountain, or… )
– Bonuses for performance indicators we’d mutually agree;
– Be part of our profit-sharing program and take a slice of our collective success;
– Be involved in building products from the ground-up working up-close with engineers, designers and some of the best entrepreneurs and enterprise leads around the world;
– Flexible vacation/days off policy
– Training / Self-Development Yearly Package
– Yearly Bonuses Program
– Paid parental leave / Flexible conditions on return