Grant Proposal Writer
Location: Flexible (we all work remotely from home at various locations worldwide)
Start date: ASAP
Reporting to: Head of Programme Design
Climate Bonds Initiative is an investor-focused NGO working to mobilise capital markets for climate action. We promote investment in projects and assets necessary for a rapid transition to a low carbon and climate resilient economy. Climate Bonds is a fast growing, dynamic NGO driven by a big mission. You will be working within an organisation that is leading the development of innovative international climate finance solutions.
The Programme Design and Development Team collaboratively plans, designs, and secures funding for projects and programmes so that CBI can achieve its strategic plans and fulfil its mission.
Reporting to the Head of Programme Design, the Proposal Writer is a vital role within the Programme Design and Development team in a dynamic and entrepreneurial environment. The main job duties involve researching, storyboarding, organizing, and writing concept notes and proposals. This will include conducting interviews, researching and learning new concepts, and presenting content in a compelling and consistent way. Excellent research skills and the ability to write in a detailed, factual, persuasive and articulate manner are essential.
What you’ll be doing…
Researching, writing, and organizing information in a professional and credible
Developing proposal by assembling information including executive summaries,
project context, objectives/outcomes/deliverables, implementation, methods,
timetable, staffing, budget, M&E, and organisational credentials.
Writing, revising, and editing drafts including executive summaries, conclusions, and
Reviewing and providing feedback to proposals being prepared by members of other
Maintaining quality results by using templates; following proposal-writing standards
including readability, consistency, and tone; maintaining proposal support databases.
Organizing and facilitating internal meetings to conceptualise projects
Meeting proposal deadlines by establishing priorities and target dates for information
gathering, writing, review, approval, and transmittal.
Obtaining approvals by reviewing proposal with Head of Programme Design and
Development, Project Owners, and Senior Leadership Team
Improving proposal-writing results by evaluating and re-designing processes,
approach, coordination, and boilerplate.
We would love to hear form you if…
- Minimum 3 years of grant proposal writing experience
- Superb writing and editing skills with proven ability to translate complex concepts into crisp, clear, accessible language, especially suitable for donor communications
- Strong storytelling ability – communicated via words, presentations, proposals, video,
- and more
- Demonstrated understanding of current trends in fundraising and communications,
- particularly around theory of change approaches, and MEL frameworks
- Strong project management skills, attention to detail, and ability to set priorities and complete projects in a timely manner
What’s in it for you?
- Impactful responsibilities from the day you join with responsibility for your own learning curve, the role is what you make of it and the possibilities depend on you.
- Amazing opportunities for career progression and structured career development – we’ll work with you to explore your learning development and career potential
- We offer a structured and bespoke induction programme specifically suited to the team you’ll be joining and the specific role you’ll be doing. During your first few months, you’ll be given all the training you need to succeed in your role.
- Opportunity to attend a series of Lunch and Learns, delivered by internal subject matter experts and external guest speakers
- An international and diverse work atmosphere
- The chance to be part of our rapid growth and play a key role in the next exciting phase of Climate Bonds Initiative journey
- Everyone that joins us is given the opportunity to undertake our signature Green Bond training, which is recognised and certified by CPD.