Carry1st is Africa’s leading publisher of mobile games and digital content. Operating at the intersection of games, fintech, and web3, we scale awesome content in underserved frontier markets. Carry1st has a proprietary payments and ecommerce platform which allows players to acquire global content using locally-accessible payment methods. We are backed by awesome investors like: Andreessen Horowitz, Google, Riot Games, Avenir, Konvoy Ventures, and Nas.
As Lead Game Designer, Games, you’ll drive development, scale challenges, and deliver fun, constantly improving player experiences. You will develop the product vision and specifications to drive player engagement, fun & revenue, using data to inform your decisions. We are looking for a mix of leadership and Game Design, as making your ideas a reality requires you to be able to articulate a vision and partner with teammates across different verticals.
What will you do?
- Deconstruct Games, Competitor Features into digestible insights for the team and incorporate it into product requirements
- Pitch concepts for a new game or new features for a live game & guide concepts through a deep discovery process
- Develop a holistic vision for all aspects of the game’s design, including content, economy, UI & UX, pacing & monetisation, features & events
- Write detailed Game Design specifications & ensure correct implementation of designs
- Collaborate closely with PMs & Analysts to study player behaviors & the game’s performance, then leverage data to improve KPI’s
What makes you a great candidate?
- 3+ years of experience in F2P Games
- Experienced in operation of live games and data-driven environments
- Experience in shipping new games is preferred but not required
- Experience leading teams to align and execute against a product vision and goals
- Able to create & design experiences that shape positive player behaviors
- Passion for games, mobile games in particular
- Extensive knowledge of the mobile market
What will we offer you?
- The opportunity to work on awesome, industry-changing games, every day
- Highly autonomous environment & ability to have impact at scale
- Fully remote – work from anywhere in the world
- Equity ownership
Some additional perks you’ll get access to…
- Co-working excursions and retreats: Our teams are encouraged to work from a shared location and visit each other. Carry1st will cover travel expenses, accommodation, and provide you with a daily spending allowance
- Awesome equipment: To set our teammates up for success we make sure you’ve got everything you need to work effectively
- Remote working allowance: An additional $600 a year that you can put towards creating your own office space, whether it’s internet expenses, ad-hoc equipment, or using a co-working space
- Birthday leave: Our teammates enjoy a paid day off on their special day
- Learning and development: Access to a Professional Development Fund to enable teammates to attend courses, conferences and training events
- Social events: Fun and regular company events to relax and connect with teammates
Although we’ve specified a location that could work well for this role, it’s not essential to be based there. Carry1st is a remote first company – in fact, we currently have people in over 19 different countries. We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it’s the right thing to do, but because it makes our company stronger. Join us!
Learn more about Carry1st…
- Forbes announced that Andreessen Horowitz led Carry1st’s $20M Series A Extension
- The Hollywood Reporter announced that Nas and Google joined Carry1st’s $20M round
- PocketGamer.Biz announced that Carry1st raised $20 million to create the “Garena of Africa”