Carry1st is Africa’s leading publisher of mobile games and digital content. Operating at the intersection of games, fintech, and web3, we scale awesome content in underserved frontier markets. Carry1st has a proprietary payments and ecommerce platform which allows players to acquire global content using locally-accessible payment methods. We are backed by awesome investors like: Andreessen Horowitz, Google, Riot Games, Avenir, Konvoy Ventures, and Nas.
As Lead Game Designer you’ll be responsible for defining and guiding the creation of a fast paced first person shooter that will be played by millions of players.
You’ll work in close collaboration with our awesome Product, Creative, and Engineering teams, using your design skills, product mentality, and passion for mobile games to design the gameplay features at every stage of the process.
From contributing design documentation, through facilitating implementation and content creation, to managing game data – you will be an integral part in ensuring the successful delivery of the game.
- Lead the design of an exciting new mobile shooter with overall responsibility of creating an amazing game experience and engaging player journey
- Be the owner of the core combat gameplay, responsible of making it fun and addictive
- Design and tune all core gameplay aspects (Combat, Weapons, Movements, Maps, Enemy’s AI)
- Contribute to the definition and optimization of game’s economy and progression systems
- Write detailed focused design specifications that effectively communicate multi-disciplinary design goals and meet the player’s needs
- Collaborate with engineering to support feature implementation, helping to identify and resolve design challenges and edge-cases
What makes you a great candidate?
- 4+ years of Game Design experience in FPS or mid-core games
- Deep familiarity with shooters with past work experience in shooters gameplay design
- Understanding of multiple aspects of game design discipline that contribute to the success of mobile shooters ranging from F2P economy design to enemy AI scripting
- A good eye for visual and UX details
- Strong analytical abilities and able to synthesize game systems and mechanics to improve game features and systems
What will it be like to work at Carry1st?
Carry1st is a fast-growing, dynamic place to work. And while we are laser focused on building the flagship mobile internet company in Africa, our team is fully remote and 100% global – with people in 20+ countries! At Carry1st, you will…
- Build awesome, industry-changing products, every day
- Grow with a VC-backed startup at the intersection of gaming, fintech, and web3
- Work from anywhere in the world with international teammates
- Own shares in the Company – enabling you to benefit from the value you create
Some additional perks…
- Co-working excursions: Travel to meet your colleagues in cities around the world
- Awesome equipment: Get everything you need to work effectively
- Remote working allowance: Put an additional $600 / year to optimise your WFH experience
- Learning and development: Attend courses, conferences and training events
- Social events: Participate in regular company events to relax and connect with teammates
- Birthday leave: Enjoy a paid day off on your special day
We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it’s the right thing to do, but because it makes our company stronger. Join us!
Learn more about Carry1st…
- Andreessen Horowitz shared why they invested in Carry1st
- Bloomberg announced that Nas and Google joined Carry1st’s $20M round
- Quartz reported on Carry1st and the potential of the African gaming market