Note to all applicants: Biconomy are a fully remote company with a team dispersed all over the Globe, so we welcome applications from all candidates, regardless of your location.
Join a leading Web 3 company that’s enabling and powering the builders of the new internet!
Biconomy’s foundations were built on making Web 3 accessible and simple to all. We do this by making blockchain transactions seamless, and by doing so, we are accelerating the mainstream adoption of Web 3.
That’s why ease and accessibility are imperative to our innovations and solutions. While we build for developers, our work radically simplifies the overall user experience on Web 3. By abstracting away blockchain complexities, the end user enjoys the benefits of Web 3 with the familiarity of Web 2.
We are already solving for some of the leading players in the blockchain space & are emerging as the default transaction stack for Web 3. Some of our numbers:
– Processed 22 million transactions
– Facilitating over $233 million of transfer volume
– Saving users over $4.7 million in gas fees!
We’re looking for a Head of Infrastructure to lead the product development of the core Biconomy tech stack. You will take ownership of the design and construction of the decentralised transaction execution infrastructure that makes up the Biconomy Relayer Network. We need a highly experienced senior technologist that can supercharge Biconomy’s mission of simplifying transactions across web3 by building industry-leading infrastructure capable of handling blockchain transaction execution across EVM and non-EVM chains.
As web3 networks mature, the demand for highly intuitive and nuanced user experiences has grown. At the same time, demand for decentralisation is at an all-time high. To achieve these design goals, we need a leader to design and build core decentralised infrastructure components that are capable of censorship resistance and at the same time delivering user experience exceeding those offered by legacy networks.
What will you be doing?
- Planning, Architecting, developing, testing, and shipping new features and improvements to software components powering the Biconomy Relayer Protocol
- Grow the engineering team supporting the development of the Biconomy Relayer Protocol
- Design and develop transaction execution technology specifications
- Interface with internal stakeholders from the economics and adjacent engineering teams
- Support open source efforts, as well as interact with and support our growing community of developers and network participants, such as decentralised app developers and infrastructure providers.
- Responsible for protocol architecture designs, such as transaction discovery, transaction allocation, and node incentive alignment, as well as the subsequent development lifecycle
- Meeting with industry teams and thought leaders to promote Biconomy’s mission
- Experience in creating and maintaining complex distributed, concurrent and low-level software systems.
- Relevant experience in decentralised engineering research and thought leadership
- Experience in working with external contributors and community members.
- Research publications, highly attended conference speaking slots, and advisory role with leading web3 projects.
- Ability to design decentralised technology systems around stakeholder incentives, attack vectors, and network health.
- Possesses a long term perspective on the decentralised, autonomous technology system being implemented.
- Working knowledge of various consensus protocols/algorithms
- Working knowledge of p2p communication in a decentralised network (concept of connecting to peer node, handling connection drops)
- Working knowledge of mempool implementation (preferably EVM mempool) and ability to modify it as per network requirements
- Data Structure knowledge of heaps, tree, linked list and how insertion, sorting, searching is done in an optimal way
What’s in it for you?
You will have direct ownership of the design and build out of novel decentralised infrastructure that supports improved web3 UX through optimised transaction management and transaction execution technology. You will have the opportunity to build out a platform for thought leadership and decentralised design innovation, while relentlessly shipping product to production.
More importantly, you will have the opportunity to assemble your own team of 10x engineers from around the globe to help you design and build industry leading decentralised network infrastructure.
What we offer:
– Work from anywhere (Remote first)
– Flexible working hours
– Flexible vacation policy
– Competitive Salary
– Token Allocation
– Opportunity to grow. The sky’s the limit if you’re hungry to succeed
– Be an integral part of building the narrative for the digital economies of the future
– Game nights, virtual celebrations, and work retreats
Biconomy is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.