Transylvanian Cottage with Private Swimming Pool
Note: We provide full cleaning service before your arrival but please consider that you are coming to a country house. As the house is located in a rural area, you will be more exposed to wildlife, insects, pollen, dust and everything that comes with living in the countryside.
Our rustic, cosy and contemporary furnished cottage is set in the hilly village of Damis (Romania), which is part of Padurea Craiului Mountains, situated on the northwest side of Apuseni Mountains, between the Crisul Repede Gorge at North and the basin of Beius at South and ultimately part of the legendary Carpathian Mountains.
In summer months the steep hills, within the vicinity of our white cottage, are covered with shiny and wild bilberry shrubs where you can pick your own fragrant bilberries or if you visit during spring or autumn you may like to venture inside the beech forests to pick up velvety boletus mushrooms.
Activities that you can undertake in Damis and around Bihor County:
• Underground travels /Visiting Vantul Cave (The Cave of Wind), the longest cave in Romania and in the southwestern Europe with a length of almost 50 kilometres.
• Visiting other caves such as Unguru Mare, Meziad and the Crystal Cave from Farcu Mare.
• Visiting big caves: Ciur-Ponor, Craiului, Vantului, Hartopul Bonchii. Batranului, Moanei, Dobos, Gruiet, Galaseni and Osoi.
• Via Ferrata Route (Peretele Zanelor), is a spectacular route from Vadu Crisului- Defileul Crisului Repede Gorge.
• Discover the nearby Rosia Valley
• Mountain biking. One of the popular Mountain Trails passes through Damis. https://www.wikiloc.com/trails/mountain-biking/romania/bihor/damis
• Discover area, along Crisul Repede river, including Bratcuta and Boiului Valleys where you can admire really steep cliffs and waterfalls.
• Rock climbing. Please see www.alpinismbihor.ro
• Rafting, kayaking or canoeing between Suncuius and Vadu Crisului. Please see: www: rafting-kayaking.ro www.whitewater.ro www.verticaladventure.ro www. Adeventurecenter.ro and www.x-tours.ro
• Culture and traditions. In Padurea Craiului you can visit over 15 historical monuments with a great value. They are considered to be a national heritage.
• Thematic Events. Annually, in Padurea Craiului are being organised thematic events such as The Easter Egg Painting Festival from Dragotesti, the Days of Padurea Craiului, Mountainbike Marathon of Padurea Craiului, The Fair from Vama Sarii and Straita Plina - a local fair from Rosia Village.
• Happy Land Adventure Park – Stana de Vale situate at just 57 km from our cottage. Dino Parc - Happy Land Adventure Park
• Visit Oradea City (80 km away from Damis). https://www.visitoradea.com/en
“Oradea will surprise you with a stunning architectural mix. 89 of Nouveau buildings are harmoniously displayed across the city, among secession, baroque and medieval Stelar-bastioned style monuments. But Oradea is way beyond ArtNouveau. It is a blooming city, a place of wellness and wellbeing, a paradise of thermal waters together with Felix and 1 Mai Baths. All these combined make Oradea a SlowLivingCity where you dearly live and surely want to visit again!”
You can cancel the reservation for free within 30 days before moving.
If you cancel your reservation 30 days or more before the move-in date, you’ll get a refund of the entire first rent. If you cancel your reservation up to 14 days before the move-in date, you’ll get a refund of half of the first rent. If you cancel your reservation less than 13 days before the move-in date, you won’t get a refund of the first rent.
Frequently asked questions for this offer
What happens after I make a reservation?
Once you send a reservation request, the landlord is notified that you are interested in their offer. From that moment, they have 24 hours to approve or reject your reservation.
Landlords are mainly interested in the profile of their tenant. Do not forget to fill in all necessary information, add your profile picture, or even make a short video about yourself. Doing that will make you more attractive for the owner and your reservation will more likely get approved.
What is the standard furnishing of flats?
All the apartments on offer on Flatio must meet certain standards. We require fully furnished and equipped ones, dishes, cutlery and internet connection included.
What is a medium-term rent?
The duration of a medium-term rent is usually 1 to 12 months. Most of the landlords offer long-term rents or rents for just a few days, therefore getting a medium-term rent without Flatio is not that easy.
Can I go through the contract before I make a reservation of the housing?
You can take a look at the contract in advance and online with every offer. After you sign it, you will find it in the application My Housing.
While arranging a contract on Flatio, you do not have to worry that it could be disadvantageous for you. Our contracts are made so that we avoid all problems! All of them are the same, used by all the landlords on Flatio.
Can I see my chosen accommodation in person before I sign the lease agreement?
Your time is precious. That's why we've added a virtual tour option to our platform so you can see some of the rentals listed on Flatio from the comfort of your own home.
If a virtual tour isn't available for the accommodation you've chosen, you can contact the landlord and ask them if they're willing to give you a personal tour of the rental unit.
If you move in and find that the rented accommodation doesn't match the information on Flatio at the time the reservation request was sent to the landlord, you can withdraw from the lease agreement under certain circumstances explained in this article in our help center.
Also, under our "secure move-in" policy, we'll assist you with moving to an alternative accommodation if you report within a certain period of time that the rental unit doesn't match the ad and the landlord doesn't fix the problem immediately. You can read the details in our help center.
How can I pay?
On Flatio, you have a variety of payment methods to choose from. You can use your card, payment gateway or bank transfer. Just pick the one which suits you the most.
How can I cancel my reservation?
How you can cancel a reservation varies depending on what stage the reservation is in.
Is your reservation request still waiting for landlord approval? Then you can simply cancel it directly from your My Housing web app!
However, suppose the owner has already approved your reservation request, and you are no longer interested in it. In that case, you can still cancel the reservation before you sign the lease agreement. Just consider that you should do this only in essential cases. Because when the landlord accepts your reservation, their property is stopped being advertised, and they can lose the chance to rent their property to someone else.
Do you have an approved reservation and also a valid agreement? In order to cancel your reservation, contact Flatio customer support well in advance of your contract beginning (the specific time and amount of refund depends on the type of cancelation policy).